Things that are stuck in your head all the time

NOT songs, or jingles or anything else that’s entirely audible for that matter.

Inspired by a bit in today’s football thread (but this isn’t a sports thread Theo), when Darius Vassell (a middling English footballer) made a surprise transfer to Turkish side Ankaragücü he got a hero’s welcome and there was a man with a banner that said ‘Hands in the air Vassell is here!’ and I think about it all the time despite it being like seven years ago and it not being something with any kind of legacy or relevance.

Got anything like that?

Hair follicles

2 Likes

Every time I get to a particular downhill stretch on my morning commute, I always have the thought “Aerodynamics of a brick” because the cars always get bunched up behind the lorries.

Then I think “you always think that”.

Then I think “you always think that”.

Then I

1 Like

This is the exact sort of thing I’m talking about, thanks very much.

Alan Partridge’s Air Bass. Think about it/perform it at least once a day.

A load of the shite that I’ve read / written on DiS

Anything specific?

‘So near, so Spar’ crossed my mind the other day

1 Like

Loads of things. This requires a lot of thought.

Off the top of my head though – the “Are you a horse?” bit from The Thick Of It.

‘Diffusion is the random movement of particles from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration’.

I wrote this as an answer on a GCSE Physics paper in 2002 and it hasn’t left my head since.

“Osmosis is the movement of water from a high concentration to a low concentration through a partially permeable membrane”

1 Like

I’d have docked you a mark for “random” there, tbqfhumble.

TUNG-STEEEEN!

1 Like

When good Vikram dropped his burger on one of the Spoons crawls

And you say these are steamed hams even though they’re clearly grilled

3 Likes

Ha. Yes.

“Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? In this part of the country? Localised entirely within your kitchen?”

“Yes”