Things that aren't worth making from scratch

wait for tomorrow ffs

4 Likes

Scotch Eggs.

Love

1 Like

Yeah I meant more for puff pastry because very rarely do I have time for that.

1 Like

Ice Cream

3 Likes

Cheese

1 Like

Fish cakes.

Can’t think of any other foods where the cheap and cheerful birds eye ones are just the best of the bunch.

Donuts

Used to love making scotched eggs at home before I killed my deep fryer.

And before I became a vegetarian, I simply wouldn’t have ANY use for a scotched egg nowadays

1 Like

Sourdough. Anon.

• Worth it
  • Waste of time

0 voters

I buy the little discs that you fry for 2 seconds at home, no idea how you turn something (flour?) into that disc form though.

Tried it once. Massive mess and hours of my life. Tasted fine.

If you ever feel the need to get back in the game I’m happy to pay postage.

There is nothing better than a warm slice of home made sourdough with loads of butter on it.

1 Like

Re sausages
This is a great video but actually looking at the end result I’m definitely like nah fuck that

2 Likes

Think it’s similar ish to making prawn crackers make a thick dough, wrap it super tight then fridge it for a couple of nights so it turns into a dense dough sausage, then slice into discs and deep fry.

Prawn Crackers were fun to make but definitely a complete waste of time and worse than a decent takeaway

1 Like

Yeah I get the Fudco black pepper ones from sainos

I think it’s lentil flour with water - I mean, I’m going to give it a go at some point but I’m guessing it’ll only be once

1 Like

It depends on a lot of factors for me. I verrrrrrry rarely made puff pastry and will reach for the Jus Roll for this, but things like shortcrust or choux I’ll make myself.

1 Like

The answer to this is always, always houmous.

Yarden’s have now perfected it. No need to bother.

1 Like

I’m no bread connoisseur but I cant tell the difference between sourdough and the 24 hour no knead bread (i actually do 12 hours which means, chuck in a bowl before bed, chuck in oven when I wake up). Actually I’d say the no knead one is much nicer.

fucking too right, gnocchi from scratch can fuck off

you can tell gnocchi has hurt me from my tone

1 Like