things that confused and gave you a weird sense of unease as a kiddo

Zzzzap!

Loved it but something about the big magazine thing really creeped me out

13 Likes

boner

The talking heads on Art Attack

6 Likes

Oooh yes good shout.

Accidentally watching Ghostwatch as a 10-year-old, not realising it was fiction, resulting in not being able to sleep for a long time afterwards and being so off-put by scary TV / film that I didn’t even watch Jurassic Park until I was an adult.

7 Likes

Also

3 Likes

Came here to post this. And to offer what I thought it actually was as a child. Not an upside down chin, which it clearly is, but a knee.

Don’t know how I imagined they got a mouth on there. A knee. Took me years to realise what it really was.

3 Likes

Get yourself to the things you’ve been slow to realise thread, stat.

Dunno why it popped into my head when I saw the thread title. Not thought about those adverts for yeeeaaarrrss.

1 Like

The little refrain in Tears Of A Clown. Absolutely hated that song for years. Ring My Bell still rubs me up the wrong way, and no idea why.

Not sure if “refrain” is the right term. The little 10-note bit that pops up every now and then. Teeth on edge.

2 Likes

sounds like it’d rub me up the right way

2 Likes

This awful man

17 Likes

That’s Christina Aguilera

1 Like

Unrelated but same era, was there an advert for a VHS tape with a skeleton in the ad?

1 Like

Memorex. Re-record not fade away, re-record not fa… etc

6 Likes

Spitting image. Fucking creepy

3 Likes

The clay man from art attack

2 Likes

THE JUDDERMAN

4 Likes

Fantasia

And it all comes flooding back!

Used to think Gareth Southgate worked for Pizza Hut and would be at Pizza Hut when we went

1 Like