Things that fill you with very mixed feelings

I also get this with gigs and watching live performances on the internet. Worse for me than for @marckee and @manches as I can do this and yet don’t

2 Likes

I’m worse than I think I am, and I think am very bad.

oh, go and write poetry about it

:wink: :wink:

1 Like

well you are a lot more handsome than you seem to think you are

2 Likes

:frowning:

Marco’s a legit hunk

1 Like

going to gigs.

+live music is great
-everyone is awful

18 Likes

A cuppa tea without milk. Ace, I have tea, but dammit I’m drinking it like a barbarian.

Enjoying the music of Azealia Banks

3 Likes

Everything

reckon I only feel one thing at a time, all or nothing
edit: no thats not right, one thing or one other thing

1 Like

‘supporting’ West Ham football club

Masturbation

this but for the cinema

3 Likes

People being in debt

Generally think they deserve it as anyone I’ve known in debt has brought it on themselves by being frivolous

Then I remember the sheer panic and anxiety when debt collectors came round for a 3k council tax bill (that I didn’t know I needed to pay before that) even though I had the money. Couldn’t imagine what I’d have done if I didn’t. Makes me feel sick.

It’s similarly bad if you are a musician yourself and do your own shit. You get back in a groove with it and think “yeah I’m making some decent shit” and then you’ll see a gig or listen to an album and you’ll be like “why the fuck am I bothering” and go home and burn all your guitars.

3 Likes

I partly have it as a musician who only does home recording stuff, so there’s a definite envy of people simply pulling it off live (and the conflict of a really good album making me think “man, I could never do something this good”)

they’re amazing but also so creepy

2 Likes

Aye. The thing that is awe-inspiring and devastating in equal measure is those for whom it’s SO easy. Like, I dunno, yer man from Fleet Foxes. He can’t wipe his arse without coming up with a melody far beyond my ability. Why bother, lob your guitar in the fire etc.

Can’t Pay We’ll Take It Away