things that folk say that you think are bullshit but you let slide

“oh, we seem to have some connection issues. can everyone turn off their cameras on the call to help?”

17 Likes

“good morning”

8 Likes

No one ever runs their cameras in our meetings (because fuck cameras) and we never have connection issues in our meetings. My wife has issues all the time and they are always using video. QED

2 Likes

“Please send me £700 a month to live in my flat”

23 Likes

“I’m fine.”

the fun thing about this one is that I am as culpable as everyone else for bare-faced lying when I say this.

4 Likes

Have we done a poll on camera use in the WFH thread? Feels like we must have done. Might do another one anyway…

1 Like

just off to…can i get you anything?

No one actually means it

4 Likes

Stopped correcting people about eggs being dairy a while ago and my life is better for it

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Demonstrably untrue. More honest would be “what doesn’t kill you can still fuck you up pretty hard”

5 Likes

Last Sunday while I was watching my son at his swimming lesson, I heard the classic “right-wingers and left-wingers think the BBC is biased so they must be getting it right” from the 2 women in front of me. Would have looked a bit deranged had I not let it slide, but I will avoid them in future.

2 Likes

in a restaurant when people return wine they claim to not like

been at two dinners recently where someone has done this (both older than me and men)

2 Likes

man, i cannot imagine getting to a point in my life where i think i have enough self esteem to be able to do this

9 Likes

it’s so weird cause it also almost seems intended to imply that the people around you (who are happily drinking the perfectly drinkable wine) have less refined taste

2 Likes

Not sure if it is self esteem or just being a massive prick tbh. Often find they are not the same thing.

(the tory wine-bastards, not you)

2 Likes

excuse me, this reply is not salty enough, can you please send it back to the hot takes kitchen please?

1 Like

That’s…odd. I mean I can just about accept it if said person tastes the wine and then rejects it for all but to have your glass while everyone else is going for it and to send it back is really wild, yes. I mean you just opened a bottle and people are drinking it. What exactly are you sending back?

When they give someone a little bit to taste I heard it’s not meant to be so you can judge if you like that wine or not - it’s so you can assess if it’s corked or not and therefore “bad”

11 Likes

Buh?

:dotted_line_face:

Cuh