things that folk say that you think are bullshit but you let slide

just going to cool down with a nice cup of boiling hot tea

9 Likes

Everything happens for a reason

10 Likes

I haven’t really met a wine I didn’t like (apart from 19 Crimes but that’s another story) but I think if I had a little sample and I really didn’t like it, I’d be like “ooh no thanks”. Kind of like a little sample of ale no? Why is it ok for ale but not for wine?!

2 Likes

This is actually true. The reason is “most things turn to shit sooner than you’d reasonably expect”.

3 Likes

“well now you can chalk it up to experience” after something unpleasant happens.

Always meant well, always winds me up.

Yeah. Literally the opposite of the way the universe works, as far as I can tell

2 Likes

Bottle rather than draught innit. If I ordered a can/bottle of beer I wouldn’t have a sip and send it back if I didn’t like it (unless it was somehow off) cause it’s just going down the sink.

If there was a wine tap I’d be well in for trying a sample before committing to a glass

1 Like

Whenever I see wine on tap I just assume I’d regret ordering it.

What’s for you won’t pass you by

2 Likes

‘hiking is my passion’

‘yeah, i’ll have the roast dinner please’ when I’m with people ordering food at the pub. It’s absolute, bona fide maxibon bullshit, and the mere pretense that a roast at a pub is an acceptable thing to pay upwards of 15 quid for boils my blood.

they fuck my stage. but I smile.

5 Likes

‘exercise will do your mental health a world of good’

Big fan of this

1 Like

Could murder a Maxibon rn

1 Like

lol

4 Likes

Unless it comes in a pint glass.

I’d forgotten all about this :smiley:

3 Likes