Things that fully irk you

I always hate it when people applaud at the beginning of the song, no matter where or when.

2 Likes

I find ‘happy birthday’ is the oddest time for this.

haha i have to do this at work a bit, hate it but i’m surprised at how few people object (tbf i try to give them an idea of what it’s about before i get to security)

2 Likes

Been intermittently remembering this and getting angry about it for the past three hours.

1 Like

:grinning:

I quite enjoy this. Feels weird when it goes unacknowledged.

my immediate neighbours are fine but there’s a weird street beside/behind us and from my room i can often hear people being incredibly loud. heard some people properly screaming at each other the other day, and in the summer in the early evening i always hear some mum shouting for her kid to come in by just going “STACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY.” a few times at the top of her (really annoying) voice.

also surprisingly often get people just standing around in the alley between my street and theirs, just having full on conversations in an alley way directly below my bedroom window. such odd people.

1 Like

on the other hand i massively massively hate bus stop queues that take up the whole fucking pavement and make it a nightmare to get past them

When you’re wandering about on your phone browsing the web on 4g and it tries to latch on to some shithouse open bt wifi and the internet stops working for ages stupid pricks

15 Likes

i use a bus company’s wifi on long journeys but it means every time one of their buses drives past me in the street my phone tries to connect to it

4 Likes

actually the WORST bit about phones connecting to random shithouse wifi is that i end up just turning wifi off to stop it happening and forget to turn it on until i’ve been back home for a couple of hours watching loads of youtube videos and using up all my data

6 Likes

Yes! My phone has pretty dodgy signal and I’ve spent evenings unplugging and rebooting my modem forgetting that I’d had to switch my WiFi off earlier in the day

@Aggpass and @Icarus-Smicarus

sorry lads but… you don’t turn off wi-fi every time you leave the house and turn it on every time you get back?

it’ll save you battery

i do remember aaaaaaaaaaages @plasticniki saying she had an app that would make her phone do this AUTOMATICALLY! …but i never got round to finding out what it was or downloading it (or possibly i downloaded it and couldn’t get it to do what i wanted)

1 Like

nah, got free wifi at work now too. can’t be arsed switching it on and off (and i forget to turn it back on)

when i watch the NI news i’m always wondering what the point is of having outside reporters who i can see are just on the pavement literally right outside the BBC building.

people who comment under opinion pieces and magazine features with ‘how is this news?’ NOT EVERYTHING ON A NEWS SITE IS NEWS.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’ve got a Birmingham news updates page on Facebook.
Whenever proper news is posted - petrol/diesel cars being banned, for example - there’s always a load of ‘And what’s this got to do with Birmingham?’ underneath it.

2 Likes

Where I live the bus queues are in single file. The bus stop “queues” where people just bunch of and block the entire footpath are the ones who irk me.

1 Like

Probably IFTTT, I used to have that turn off my WiFi when I left the house and on again when I got home. Was pretty handy.