Things that fully irk you

Nicholas Witchell irks me. The brown nosing little bastard.

1 Like
4 Likes

That is… I… I don’t know… I have no words.

IDIOTS

not using common sense when writing addresses on packages.

“HURR DURR THIS SCOTTISH FLAT NUMBER DOES NOT FIT MY NARROW-MINDED WORLD VIEW OF WHAT AN ADDRESS LOOKS LIKE DURRRR LET ME JUST WRITE SOMETHING COMPLETELY INCOHERENT ON THE PACKAGE SO THE POSTMAN HAS NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE TO DELIVER IT TO. NNNNHGGHHH.”

Currently waiting on two packages that are delayed delivery due to the address not being correct or some shit.

3 Likes

We’ve had things variously delivered to number 27 or number 2 because ‘Apartment 2, 7…’ is far too complex for some.

Was a right nightmare when we first moved in - as it was a new build estate the addresss didn’t exist ‘on the computer’ for months. I had cause to ring Birmingham City Council a week or two back and according to them it still doesn’t exist. “Ok, I’ll have 3 years worth of council tax back please…”

1 Like

I’M SO ANNOYED!!!
And so irritating when they tell you the address doesn’t exist. As if you’re standing in your house in some alternate dimension.

FUCKS SAKE.

4 Likes

Yeah I can write my address three different ways:

• 7/5 Fake Street
  • 3F1, 7 Fake Street
  • Flat 5, 7 Fake Street

Tend to use the first one as at least that way the post will find the right building. Plus its the one my bank understands. The council will only allow the second one in their correspondence though. We regularly get post for different buildings and different streets(!) through our door.

Shithouse

1 Like

A client has asked me to sort out some design/typesetting for an LP/CD.

They need a sticker that gets put onto the shrink wrap. They’ve given me the text, they want the sticker to be circular They haven’t told me what size. There are standard sizes for such things. It’s not my job to guess.

They want me to do the download code thing. They’ve not told me what it has to say or what size this should be.

The band’s designer had done some sleeve art for the vinyl and sent a PDF. The fonts aren’t embedded. This means that it won’t print properly if neither myself or the printer has the mystery font loaded.

They want me to convert the vinyl sleeve to a digipack CD using that PDF. An LP has a back and front. The CD digipack also has two inside panels. What do they want me to do about that?

I spend half my time asking stupid questions instead of getting the job done and they won’t want to pay me for that time, will they?

Morons. Everywhere.

5 Likes

Preach.

In Asdas today some absolute Tory at the self-service shouted EXCUSE ME to get the attention of a staff member. when the staff member came over he told him to scan the rest of his items. I stood and stared in disbelief.

3 Likes

This Twitter feed. Irking me pretty much every hour of every day of the week at the moment.

https://twitter.com/we_are_the_dons/with_replies

1 Like

Spending three months designing various bits of POS for a product launch, only to be told after everything has been signed off and made ready for print that the budget has shrunk considerably, and now I need to do a complete re-design.

1 Like

People who do not pack as they go at self-service checkouts

3 Likes

Scum. Subhuman scum.

3 Likes

I would pack as I go if I could use my own bags without:

1. Having to wait 5 minutes while the person manning self service goes through all the myriad of people incapable of using the checkouts at all before they “approve” my bags
  2. The checkout then blaring “unexpected item in bagging area” EVERY time I scan and pack something, forcing said person manning self service to basically stand over my till approving every single item I pack - holding up others who also have issue 1, need their ID checking or should be in a normal checkout queue.

(You can add these to my fully irk list if you like).

6 Likes

Also.

THE TRAIN HAS ONLY JUST LEFT THE LAST STATION. THERE’S NO NEED TO PUSH YOUR WAY PAST EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS ALSO GETTING OFF AT THE NEXT STOP YOU FUCKING MOUTHBREATHERS, YOU’RE MAKING THIS LESS COMFORTABLE FOR EVERYONE.

1 Like

^this

Scan it and lob in on the scale; pack after.

I’m convinced it’s actually quicker than tossing about with machines that throw a mardy any time the weight changes for a second.

5 Likes

Yeah, it is such a time consuming and annoying process if you’re using your own bags. The assistant is always busy with someone else and it’s actually quicker to just put the items in the bagging area and put them in the bag afterwards.

Yesterday’s irksome incident was “The driver has been instructed to wait at this stop for a few minutes in order to regulate the service.”

We were four stops from the end of the route! Seriously?! Regulate the fucking service when the passengers have all got off in five minutes’ time. No one new is getting on for the last three bloody stops! FFS.

fu i like crisps