Things that fully irk you

Wait, no, I’ve always hated them.

So you prefer
3,50 €
?

Quite often see e.g. $1000 dollars. My eyes :sob:

3 Likes

Really, REALLY irks me when Americans call things dollars that aren’t dollars, too.

1 Like

That is filthy. Best to go with Amount GBP to be safe.

See also YYYY-MM-DD.

1 Like

I’m part Lithuanian.

I’m a firm advocate for dates being DD-MM-YYYY but I quite like the opposite with addresses, starting with the least specific part of the address and ending with the most specific. I bet that’s how sorting offices read addresses. The British way is kinda shit.

A day is smaller than a month which is smaller than a year so it’s in the wrong order so the American way is in the wrong order whichever way you look at it.

Oh yeah, the American way is dogshit.

3 Likes

This, ultimately, is the crux of it. Across the board. Not just dates.

1 Like

I’m an advocate of £amount, but it feels like it should be (amount of pounds)£ (amount of pennies), because that’s how you’d say it. Obviously this would look ridiculous in practice.

Dates should definitely be DAY MONTH YEAR, because why would you do it the other way are you insane?

OH. MY. WORD.

Sorting, in a word.

E.g. files in a folder. (No, order by date is not the answer - the files aren’t necessarily created on the day they’re referring to.) Something like this:

11-Jun-12
12 04 03
18 September 2017
19 Apr 03 Diary
19 Dec 97
27th May 97
2 Dec 97
4/12/03
Feb-16
Diary Apr 27
Aug 19
Dec 04
Jan 10 Summary Version 2
Jun 10th
May 27
Oct 09
Report May 27 FINAL
September 16 2017
September 2016
Summary Jan 2010

Etc etc.

^An absolute shitshow. But supposedly educated people really save numerous site diaries, timesheets, reports, summaries, and versions with these sorts of filenames into the same folder. UTTER UTTER BELLENDS. Should be a sacking offence.

5 Likes

The only reason I can think of is because they say ‘October 8th’ (or worse ‘8’) and not 8th (of) October.

Still very very wrong of course but cold be following the linguistic pattern. Unless the speech follows the formatting which is even worse.

Yeah, £5 says ‘fiver’ to me more than 5£

Maybe we could get around this with :carousel_horse:, :monkey: and so on

imagine not using version control in the year of our Lord baby jesus 2018

1 Like

Have you got the report from July?
Which version was that?
Fuck off, dickhead.
No, YOU fuck off!
gun shot

Is that what you want, Tuna?

why it’s commit g5hs683d7h, just check it out sadpunk

My system, which seems flawless, is: