Things that fully irk you

Rightmove listings with (67) photos of nonsense like this:

The big dog!

This whole “10 year challenge” on twitter/instagram/facebook

WHO CARES WHAT YOU LOOKED LIKE 10 YEARS AGO

The first person to do it is obviously someone who thinks they haven’t changed at all in ten years and wants to show everyone.

A cynical take, but…

(That description’s a bit Guardian opinion piece)

This did make me smile though:

YouTubers.

YouTubers and their stupid shitty challenges, YouTubers and their clickbaity shit.

“Hey, Guys!”
“So then, Guys…”
“Guys, I Can’t BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!! OH MY GOD!!!”
“Hey Guys, so I went to a restaurant with my BFF and guess what, guys, I like, filmed the whole thing where they bring out the food to your table themselves.”

Genuinely don’t get it. Any of it.

Why does my brother having a baby mean that I am also going to be having a baby?

Everyone i’ve told, with massive amounts of joy, that i’m now an auntie has come out with either “ooh you’ll be next!!” or “does it make you want to have one now?”

NO.
WHY CAN’T I JUST BE AN AUNTIE
MY ONE GOAL IN LIFE IS NOT TO HAVE A BABY
PLEASE STOP THIS
JUST BECAUSE I HAVE REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS DOESNT MEAN I WANT TO REPRODUCE

This is off the back of receiving a text from my nan just saying “you’ll be next!” I’m so annoyed by this.

Sure she wasn’t threatening you in some other way instead?

Who knows. She’s since said my cat is going to die soon cause I told her I already have a daughter called Princess :laughing:

I deffo read it like this…

190124%20Next

I had pretty much the exact same experience. I was soooooooo happy to become an aunt, and couldn’t stop smiling for days. But that’s the closest I want to be to pregnancy and having my own child.

The most annoying thing is “oh, you’ll change your mind”. No, I won’t.

Get in there first and make comments about how rude it is when people assume you want babies/can get pregnant.

My partner and I have been getting the “oh, you’ll change your mind” about marriage for 14 years now. I’m really not sure why it’s so hard for folk to comprehend we’re just not that bothered. The lack of marriage does seem to mean fewer questions about babies, though.

Really hate all that, especially around my gf’s family who are really excited about her siblings recently having children - understandably so - but the EXPECTATION that we’re ‘next’ is grating.

Yeah people should just stay out of other people’s business tbh.

In my old job, when I said the tv and I were moving abroad because of his job, a couple of people made some comments about him not having proposed/going to propose soon. When I dismissed the comments I was met with “well you’re moving for him…” as if relationships are about keeping score or something. I found it very strange.

It’s like a weird checklist you’re expected to complete before you die. Fuck that.

oh god every holiday I go on, at least 5 people will say “this is the one he’ll propose on I bet!!”

NO! STOP!

don’t use a massively busy coffee shop as your office. if it’s one that’s undersubscribed, sure, but not fucking Nero on Piccadilly. You’re in the way. Fuck off.

I’m that stubborn/much of a twat that if someone tells me what to do or how to do it I’ll do the opposite. I HATE it. They’re fucking themselves.