• English people saying “epic” or “dude”
  • People walking along the street whilst eating a sandwich
  • (obvious one but) witnessing an awkward hug or cheek kiss
2 Likes

I don’t like it when you hear an English person saying “ass” instead of “arse”

19 Likes

People eating pre packaged sandwiches in the morning

5 Likes

I cringe any time a character in a film I’m watching sings or any time someone in real life sings unless I’m paying to go to a performance of somebody singing. I also hate it when someone on the TV is singing whilst looking directly at the camera.

2 Likes

a while back I was visiting the grounds of a stately home type place

There was this family there with young kids - they were French (I think) so I couldn’t fully understand what was being said, but it was obvious they had come wanting to look around the house itself, but the house was closed to the public that day and only the grounds were open.

The wife was having a massive go at the husband in front of the kids and he just looked really sad. That made me feel sad too

1 Like

Similar to @anon5266188’s example: when someone offers to play you a song they’ve written. Or a poem. Hasn’t happened for a while but it’s always a bit of a white-knuckle moment.

9 Likes

Or when someone pulls out an acoustic guitar at a house party.

17 Likes

Or when someone insists on showing you a very funny video on youtube while in a social setting

19 Likes

Asking people’s usernames at a DiS meat

3 Likes

Seeing people queuing outside a shop to be first to get a new phone or trainers or something.

8 Likes

Going to a DiS meat.

6 Likes

Mind you, I made my work colleagues sit through Amazing Boy Bob’s “Let’s Get Smashed”. Fortunately, it’s hilarious so no risk involved there.

6 Likes

90%+ of stand-up comedy

5 Likes

I don’t like it when I’m on the tube/a train/a bus with a person I know and they are trying to have a conversation with me. I also don’t like it when I’m on the tube/a train/a bus with someone I know and we’re sat in silence though…

2 Likes

My Brother’s friend ended up after a night out in glasgow at Gary Lightbody (from Snow Patrol)'s flat, having to listen to the new Snow Patrol album in full and in silence with 10-20 strangers

2 Likes

These examples are for when I’m deliberately on the tube/a train/ a bus with someone I know.

Stealth, bomber, stealth BOMBer

12 Likes

No, I wouldn’t hide from you, friend.

1 Like

I’ve once pretended to be asleep when someone I knew from school sat across from me on the train. I had to pray their stop was before mine (thankfully it was).

3 Likes

A while back Chris Isaak was the guest on Saturday kitchen and Ken Hom was the guest chef and James Martin (or whoever) was persuading Chris to sing and Chris goes “ok, are you ready to sing Kenny|?” - Addressing his manager/roadie/singer ALSO CALLED KEN and Ken Hom goes “oh no I couldn’t!”.

Cringe just thinking about it.

7 Likes