Things that make you cringe a bit or feel sad

just read a couple of articles along the lines of this… The Pool 2022

And I do agree obviously but I was wondering what people thought about grand romantic gestures when people are actually together and love each other? I’m starting to question them too…

Public marriage proposals are a form of emotional abuse, imho.

14 Likes

I’d probably be a bit mortified. Why do these things have to be done in public?? You ain’t got to prove anything to anyone else

same applies to people posting on social media about things their partner has got them/done for them

5 Likes

Once spent an entire afternoon watching proposal rejections on youtube.

15 Likes

I don’t like it when people applaud at the cinema (when the film ends)

They aren’t here, they can’t hear your applause

7 Likes

In my experience dodgy behaviour after a break-up seems pretty evenly split down gender lines. Seen it many times from both sides.

With regards to public displays of this sort of thing - I guess it depends on whether or not the person who has it ‘done’ to them is into it. Some revel in it; most probably despise it. If you’re doing it to someone who’s clearly in the latter category then I’d think you’re bang out of order tbh.

I still can’t work out if the basketball one is staged or not. I hope it isn’t, but I suspect it was.

Hmmm not sure. I do know I’ve not seen one where the guy didn’t look like a massive weapon.

Generally, yeah to this. It did happen when I went to see I, Daniel Blake at a cinema located just around the corner from where several scenes were shot and when the clapping at the end began, it was actually very emotional. Didn’t join in (obvz) but would have felt churlish to get annoyed in that instance.

I remember one during a Breeders set at Leeds Festival in the early 2000s. The guy was knocked back. Kim and Kelley Deal looked a bit awkward then kicked into the next song while the entire audience cringed/giggled.

Oh get this.

I was watching some motherfucking shakespeare the other day like the massive culture vulture that I am. Obviously I had no idea what was going on.

But I noticed a lady behind me who was SO familiar with the text that she was mouthing along to some of the key soliliq… sol… speeches.

Did she mouth silently? Oh no, how then would the people around her have known she KNEW shakespeare. She let just a little bit of air out so we could just here a kind of sub-whisper of shakespeare.

20 Likes

What?

I think I’m massively self conscious and neurotic about what others think and then I hear stuff like this and think imagine how stressful it must be being in that persons head

1 Like

I’d have shushed her

:joy:

4 Likes

that was the thing - it wasn’t quite loud enough to shush. it was just barely audible.

EDIT : Also, I didn’t give a fuck because I had no idea what was going on anyway.

Apparently he’s also a deadbeat dad who’s not paying his child support as well.

what was the play?

“The Tempest”

And it wasn’t nearly as close to “Forbidden Planet” as I would have liked.

Lots of feeling irked, not much cringing/feeling sad ITT

1 Like