Things that make you cringe a bit or feel sad

In fairness, it was slightly irking when they changed it so that rather than pulling up to the stop marker at the end of the platform, the trains on my line just randomly stop somewhere in the middle of the platform at New Street.

I didn’t post a tweet that makes me sound like a total bellend about it though…

Cringe: Anytime I see a video of a white policeman dancing, latest being Notting Hill carnival or that Ariana Grande Manchester benefit concert.

3 Likes

Why?

Because they’re cnuts trying to pretend not to be cnuts. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Commemorative plates. Just the bleakest, most Brexit-y things aren’t they

4 Likes

Pearly Kings and Queens

1 Like

Preferred their earlier stuff etc

3 Likes

Well, their first single’s not bad, anyway.

electroswing

My hot take is I don’t think all white police men is cunts.

I don’t think they’re all cunts either. But they are all very capable of being absolute cunts when in certain circumstances.

No @Ruffers?

feel sad not cringe: when football managers get sacked and you imagine them clearing their desk and driving off all sad. esp. when it happens to the ‘nice’ ones like ranieiri or martin jol.

3 Likes

This post

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/thread-for-predicting-when/17720/49?u=marckee

1 Like

The Princess Diana memorial thing in Chesterfield makes me feel really sad… I can just imagine these earnest old people with no self awareness trying really hard to make something nice and then getting mercilessly mocked across the world because it’s shit :frowning:

8 Likes

I saw a guy sat by himself drinking a can of beer and I felt really sad and had to remind me that he was just on his lunch break, he’s got friends and family and I don’t have to worry about him.

On the cringe side: posh white people saying BOOM! when something good happens

same, and also that painting of jesus that was painted over by a church member trying to be helpful.

1 Like

Also; any slang invented in the south east of England (by white people)

That there’s still cricket being played, even though it’s mid-September

Mmmm… a day-nighter in England on the 29th of September.