Things that make you cringe

Those jokey blackboards outside pubs
When people refer to themselves by a nickname on clothing (backs of football shirts, that kinda thing)
Places that name their menu items after films/songs/celebrities etc

3 Likes

People singing/miming to a song whilst making eye contact with me/a TV camera

10 Likes

Audience participation.

11 Likes

Training icebreakers

13 Likes

Magic tricks

3 Likes

Property investment tiktok videos

3 Likes

Going to a family event and only knowing 6 people.

3 Likes

Brands interacting on social media.

15 Likes

People making compliment fishing social media posts, usually Facebook

6 Likes

Drunk people making speeches.

This post is brought to you by a wedding last weekend.

6 Likes

Middle aged men getting well smashed in the town centre in the middle of the day on a weekend and forgetting how to act

3 Likes

Remembering any attempts I made to chat people up when I was between the ages of around 16 and 20.

11 Likes

People properly singing outside of a properly organised event. Bonus cringe if a musical instrument is involved.

3 Likes

Most men watching football in pubs.

5 Likes

A burrito place has this in the window and a part of me dies every time I go past it

6 Likes

Dancing.

3 Likes

Absolutely any form of lip syncing

2 Likes

This (now mercifully defunct) account

https://mobile.twitter.com/virgintrains

2 Likes

Spontaneous amateur public singing. Was at a brewery tap room the other day which had a piano and a group of people came in who started off fairly innocently tinkling a few popular tunes before one girl then broke out into song. They then started taking it in turns playing and singing to this half empty bar. Even when they stopped playing piano several keep singing acapella. Hideous stuff.

16 Likes

I had this in the park recently where I sat behind some aging punks (maybe in their 50s?). They were talking about hating hippies, arguing ad nauseam about who would go get more beers and blasting Ukelele Orchestra versions of Clash songs. CRINGE

2 Likes