Things that need to be eradicated from society (keeping it light edition)

haha @SenorDingDong can’t type his pin identity number in properly

Funnily enough I was thinking this yesterday as I took some cash out, seems ridiculous

How does getting rid of an entire carriage mean there’s more space?
Just make all the carriages first class quiet coaches.

Christ, next you’ll be saying there shouldn’t be first class on planes :wink:

1 Like

We should ALL be pilots

3 Likes

We should all at least have a kind of flight simulator setup at our seats so we can pretend.

-Click here to login
-On this page, enter your email
-On this page, enter your password
-On this page, enter characters 3, 5, and 12 of your other password
-On this page, read a notice, and click a tiny tickbox not to see it next time
-Alright, now you can see how overdrawn you are…
-…but only after you’ve clicked on your account

3 Likes

Just like how the front of the top deck of a double decker bus should have a fake drivers seat where you can pretend to be the bus driver

5 Likes

Yes, let’s do this :+1:

1 Like

LinkedIn notifications

There’s always something they can notify you about. “You appeared in 35 searches this week!”. Great - why are you telling me this now?

3 Likes

It’s not just the obscenely rich. I had a much more enjoyable journey to York from London recently in first class. Clive found a special offer. It was worth it for having a proper lunch and unlimited wine/beer/G&T for the journey. We certainly got our money’s worth there. And it was quiet enough for me to read my book without being disturbed by crying babies and screaming children and loud hen parties etc.

If we were sure that the staff would get paid properly I’d be in favour of restaurants charging the right price straight off, listed on the menu. But…

Oh yeah just remembered tgi fridays. Heard rumours about turtle bay.

This looks dodge https://www.turtlebay.co.uk/tipping-policy-statement/

Best thing to do with tips is either not tip/not eat in restaurants or check the places tipping policy to see if they are fairly split

No, that’s not what’s being said. I’m not rich. But when I pay extra for first class I’m there because I want to escape the crowds. And I expect everyone else in first class is there for the same reason. Because they want quiet. When I still had a young person’s railcard, I could upgrade to first class really cheaply. And of course I did so. (It was worth it to see the ticket inspector eye me up, some little scruffy herbert as I was, and think he’s caught someone.)

Deliberately breeding dogs like pugs etc to have deformities

Edit: Sorry that’s not very light. Umm… people putting so many pillows and cushions on their bed there’s no space to actually lie on the bed

3 Likes

people saying hashtag when they are referring to the hash key in a non-hashtag context

7 Likes

No tip and no service jobs

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Quiet coach, m8. Great fun. Can even tell people off if they’re on the phone (my favourite).

2 Likes

Not this. All restaurants should list “all service included” prices for food and drink on their menu and all restaurants should pay their staff decent wages so that they don’t have to rely on tips from customers.

19 Likes