Things that other things aren’t called but are considered default names for that thing

No dogs are actually called Fido are they?

No cats are actually called Tiddles are they?

1 Like

What a great thread!

4 Likes

Rover is another dog one. No dog is called Rover

2 Likes

John Hancock. Nearly every human has a different signature to that.

2 Likes

Anyone know a Fred Bloggs? A John Doe?

Thought not.

1 Like

“Polly want a cracker?”

“His name is Eugene.”

2 Likes

Or Rex. No dog is called Rex.

1 Like

old ladies are seldom called “marjorie” so fuck off lame radio 4 comedy panelist

Is High Street one? As in the main shopping street in a town would be referred to as the high street but probably isn’t actually called High Street

1 Like

Its Joe Bloggs u dummy

2 Likes

there are no police constables with the surname “Plod”.

2 Likes

Woah, there’s a whole Wikipedia page on this

what a fucking piece

1 Like

Back when I was living in Brixton, I got into a taxi one night and said take me to Brixton High Street. He said “No such place”. I said “I live there, just take me to the high street in Brixton”. He said “There is no Brixton High Street, do you mean Brixton Road?”. I said yes and off he went.

Thing is, if I’d said Brixton Road, he’d have said “which part” as it’s a very long road. I said “Brixton High Street” to circumvent this confusion. What a penoid cunt that guy was, probably posts here.

5 Likes

1 Like

@badcustard’s looking pretty fucking stupid right now. I suggest we internet-bully him?

2 Likes

You guys have provided three awful counterexamples in places that are total shit while I have come up with an example of how badcustard is 100% right.

1 Like

Big Ben is the name of the bell

Gosforth High Street isn’t shit (though that pic isn’t great). It has a Loch Fyne!!!