Things that people are good at that really impress you

I am pretty good at this (well, Keynote, the Mac version) and am now the go to person in the office when someone has a presentation they want to tart up. It’s actually really fucking annoying.

Making really fancy immaculate cakes

1 Like

I haven’t been to any events in a while and I’m starting to get very used to weekends that don’t involve smelling BO at any point.

1 Like

I like it when somebody’s sharing something back to a small group of colleagues and they still make the effort to create a beautiful powerpoint

I’m instinctively really impressed by people who are fluent in a foreign language, but when I think about it it’s not at all impressive really. 410 million people can speak spanish who gives a fuck mate.

5 Likes

People who can whistle with their fingers. One of the Mums did it to her son at some party in a park the other week and I found it weirdly attractive.

7 Likes

This is not in the spirit of the thread is it

Tom Hanks has just been churning out very competently made films about people who are just good and competent at their jobs for the last few years and I fucking love it.

1 Like

Was just reminded of this, not really relevant. But I once saw a mate using a mouse with his left hand and I said “how come you play guitar right handed” and he said “I am right handed but I’m trying to become ambidextrous”

Blow jobs

Sorry guys I can only think of things that I’m also good at and therefore not very impressed by, except Ant’s one about being at peace with yourself, i think that’s the best answer in the thread.

This was definitely a wanking thing.

go on

it’s fun to brush your (my) teeth with the opposite hand sometimes
makes you more aware of yourself and your existence in the world

1 Like

Reckon the mouse thing in particular was so he should use the mouse left handed for uninterrupted right hand wanking.

I did a course about “mindfulness” yesterday and this seems like a very mindful way of living life and I might start doing it

1 Like

It’s one of the most mindful things you can do imo

2 Likes

Are you excited about his Mr Rogers films

would you glance at that?

This is a top tip and I thank you for it (in a sincere way, not a sarcastic way)