Things that should be good but aren't

Just saw a picture of a Findus Crispy pancake and I felt a wave of nausea despite not having tasted them in over 20 years.

They should be nasty but tasty but they aren’t. VILE!

Misread thread

I like(d) them.

2 Likes

Politicians :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Yeah… Well

Crisps. Fried flavoured potato slices? Sounds delicious!

And yet they are merely average at best.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

BBC Radio 6 Music

2 Likes

The last 3 seasons of GoT

8 Likes

My Great-Grandparents used to have seven different meals that they would eat on each specific day of the week for like 30 years. (EG, Monday - Shepherd’s Pie, Tuesday - Casserole etc) and my Ma used to take them to Tesco every week and she would always try and get them to broaden their horizons a bit, the only time she ever had any success was with Findus Crispy Pancakes and all that happened was they swapped out their Friday option to just have Crispy Pancakes every Friday instead. This lasted until their deaths.

15 Likes

What was the previous Friday option please?

Fish & Chips iirc

Films. Moving pictures, variety of sounds, should be good entertainment. Turns out they’re just really boring.

4 Likes

My in-laws have a bi weekly menu.
Though the Thursday meal is on a 4-weekly rotation.

Seems quite a complex system

2 Likes

Imagine swapping fish and chips for findus crispy pancakes! :scream:

5 Likes

It’s very boring.

They might have pushed Fish & Chips back to earlier in the week and replaced something else, all I know is that one taste of Findus Crispy Pancakes was all they needed to shake up a decades long food calendar.

Imagine swapping something out, knowing that you’ll never taste it again . Pretty savage.

4 Likes

Quite the downgrade