Things that used to just be for those Yankees but now ubiquitous or recently started creeping in.

Obvious one is Trick or Treat. Wasn’t a thing in the UK when I was of the age to get involved 70s/early 80s. Fucking everywhere now.

Was thinking about marshmallow toasting recently and realised I might have done this once in my life. Seems classically American to me.

• Definitely still an American thing
  • Definitely still an American thing though I think it’s creeping in.
  • You’re a clueless dweeb saps it’s always been a thing in Britain (but I’m under twenty so how I think I can comment is anyone’s guess).
  • You’re a clueless dweeb saps it’s always been a thing in Britain (although I’m in my twenties and therefore am not really qualified to comment).
  • You’re a clueless dweeb saps it’s always been a thing in Britain (and since I’m in my thirties my opinion almost counts on this matter).
  • You’re a clueless dweeb saps it’s always been a thing in Britain (I’m forty-plus so I don’t know where you’ve been living. You idiot!).
  • Regardless of my voting instinct I’d still like to call you a clueless dweeb (possibly for a second time).

0 voters

Beer Pong

7 Likes

ahahahahahhahhahahahhaaha

Calling it ‘takeout’

13 Likes

Good ol’ Brexit saps!

4 Likes

I wanted my shite country back and by jove I’m getting it.

2 Likes

I feel like certain American things will be taken on by other Europeans before the British.

Bet European students love beer pong.

Basketball seems more popular in Southern Europe.

1 Like

Yeah this one is really odd

Calling a series a season

19 Likes

This one is fine and I will fight anyone who has a problem with it (not now but when the government announces it is ok to meet up for fights again).

4 Likes

The pronunciation of peanut butter. The good old two world wars and one world cup way is putting the stress on the butter, but I’m hearing people put the stress on the peanut more and more these days. This is such a dickhead things to care about and I wish I did not, but I really do.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise there was any judgement if the innate goodness of the changes

1 Like

What?

6 Likes

Trick or treating was a thing when I was a kid (born early 80’s). And we roasted marshmallows over a fire in cubs too.

2 Likes

Proms

Was walking home from the pub last summer and saw at least 3 limos pulling up to some terrible club thing that was hostings a schools prom. Disgusting.

5 Likes

Trying to chicken out of the fight are you?

2 Likes

Referring to a band’s second album as their sophomore album.

12 Likes

baby showers

5 Likes

they say it like peanut butter but we say it like peanut butter except now lots of people say it the wrong way.

1 Like

smooshing two verbs together.

“Let’s go eat!”

Yeah or we could go AND eat.

1 Like