Things that you used to avoid that now you look forward to

Running for me. Put exercise off for my whole time at uni. Now I run 3 or 4 times a week (depending) and it’s one of my favorite things to do.

I think in part because I have finally got in the habit of using my inhaler before running. I mean I used to think that clearing your phlegm filled lungs was just the normal thing to do after exercising. Running is easy by comparison when you can actually breath properly!

What about you lot? Any hate that you have come to enjoy as you have got older.

This sounds like a petty office spat. I swear work makes everyone boring petty bastards. If you want to involve yourself in petty battles, or think that she is going to make the life miserable for other temp workers go for it. Otherwise little point, get your head down, do your job then be done with it.

1 Like

Could you have a quick meeting with her to ‘clear the air’ where you’re all butter wouldn’t melt professional and “I’m so glad we had this conversation” and stuff, so she then feels she has to be nice to you or at least cut back on the badmouthing?

2 Likes

Schedule an official ‘clearing the air’ meeting and invite her boss maybe? Or just dob her in and get her in the shit, she’d have nobody to blame but herself

1 Like

going to bed, probably

2 Likes

Sort of warming to Christmas. Had always found it the most annoying part of the year, mainly the build up - a month of unnatural boozing patterns, disgraceful consumerism, ridiculous travel and stress. Then the actual event* is often taken as an opportunity for unashamed gluttony followed by regret, skintness and the January blues and the feeling that winter (II) has been ruined because folk packed too much into the first third and left nothing for the remainder.

However…my daughter really enjoyed it last year and that made me sort of enjoy it too.

[*Caveat: as an opportunity to see family and/or friends I am totally on board with that - I realise that I am fortunate that I get to see most of mine on a regular basis anyway]

Sleeping during the day. A nap after lunch on Saturday or Sunday is brilliant. Love nor money couldn’t get me to nap as a child.

2 Likes