Things to remember if you go on Pointless

Hate it when he corrects people’s pronunciation of something and falls over himself to show he knows all the answers when the topic is stuff like Shakespeare or Classics.

Richard Osman is fine in comparison.

1 Like

don’t mind Armstrong. on the show at least. i know he’s a Lib Dem who likes the Countryside Alliance outside of the show

you lot hate richard osman
i’ve noticed

2 Likes

Haven’t watched it for a few years but I watched Pointless a lot for a while and I liked both of the hosts - I am always surprised at how much vitriol they attract on here.

3 Likes

Mate i fucking love Pointless

But i hope Richard’s replacement starts slapping Alexander on his bald patch when he does that weird pretend eating he keeps doing

1 Like

Also Richard Osman speaking as a person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Richard Osman posting on Twitter holy fucking shit shut up

1 Like

You’re wasted in web development

@marckee

Sorry but just imagined Alexander Armstrong presenting Pointless while rotating like a donner.

4 Likes

I need to hear more.

As heinous crimes go, stepping back from some of your work because you’ve got too much on scores pretty lowly.

:pleading_face: x

Osman could easily just write his novel during most of the recording

4 Likes

I bet he’d be really good at browsing the Internet while pretending to pay attention to a Teams meeting.

2 Likes

It’s how he’s referred to at the start of every show.

2 Likes

I genuinely stand up and get close to the telly when Where Is Kazakhstan comes on. Love a geography quiz, love House of Games.

Also, read and enjoyed both his books - i read a lot of crime thrillers and they’re very well written, can understand why they do so well.

3 Likes

Oh not that interesting really, was just very aloof and didn’t talk to us whereas Osman was charming and made us relaxed etc. They do 3/4 shows a day so you know, I get he just wants to get on with it but the difference between the two of them was quite striking.

1 Like

I achieved perfection on this the other day. Hour long tedious meeting, no cameras, I was needed there but not needed to speak. After five minutes I lay down, managed to actually get to sleep and wake up just in time to join in the end of meeting goodbyes.

4 Likes

If that was me I would be haunted by the fear that this was the one meeting in a hundred where something important had been said and that I’d missed.

For me there is a perfect zen state where you give precisely the minimum attention required to guard against this (I reckon about 2% of your operational brain capacity) whilst devoting the rest of your brain to something rewarding.

I really needed a kip and you can always blame “ technical issues” if you get caught out. Plus I’m an old lag and am at that stage of my career where people know they have no leverage over me any more.

1 Like