• That’s unusual!
  • That ain’t unusual!

0 voters

An egg

• That’s unusual!
  • That ain’t unusual!

0 voters

Pickled onions

Woman in front of me in the shop at lunch asked for “two sausages, no bread, no chips, no beans, just two sausages”

• That ain’t unusual
  • That’s unusual

0 voters

Have been known to take a jar of silverskins and a fork into another room for some alone time

6 Likes

I do this too.

I thought it was just me.

2 Likes

Penne

• Normal
  • Unusual

0 voters

A spoonful of paprika

• That’s unusual
  • Common occurrence

0 voters

When I was a teenager I was in the chippy with a mate and he bought chips and offered to share them, at the last minute after he got them i decided to get a sausage for myself, just a sausage. Lass behind the counter asked if I wanted it wrapped and raised her eyebrows at me

11 Likes

Uncooked? Unusual
Cooked but no sauce or butter? Unusual
Buttered? Unusual, acceptable for ravioli
Sauced? Usual

Quite like going to the polish off license buying a bunch of polish sausages and then going to town on them.

3 Likes

Just some solo pieces of salami/ham/veggie alternative

• That’s unusual!
  • That ain’t unusual!

0 voters

Always got single sausage requests when I worked in a cafe

What would you eat them with? They’re almost exclusively a thing to be eaten on their own imo but now I’m doubting myself!

3 Likes

I see that more as a vehicle for the pickled onion, the cheese is decorative here.

I sort of presumed with chips.

An open bag of chip shop chips and and paying an extra 15p for a pickled onion in the late 80s/early 90s was a big treat for me during my school days.

1 Like

Woah! I’d be well up for that tbh

1 Like

Always get a PO with any chippie order

They’re still only 25p I think, not bad change from the prices @BMS1 said!

2 Likes

My mum would give me a quid for Friday lunch. You could get a a portion of chips, a pickled onion and a can of coke for a quid back then.

Walking back from the chip shop back to school on Friday lunchtimes was a sign that Hey! It’s the weekend!

1 Like

Common occurrence with my 5 year old