Things you accidentally pronounce wrong

I have long since learnt the correct pronunciation but for a long time I saw the word misled

And pronounced it mizzled.

3 Likes

chriiiistmas time

misled toe and wiine!

3 Likes

Took me a long time to accept that meme is meem not mem.

Can never bring myself to say almond the correct way, it’s al-mund till I die

3 Likes

My embarrassing one came out recently, the word banal.

I pronounced so it rhymed with anal. Luckily it’s a word I never say out loud and was corrected the one time I did! but reading the word I was pronouncing it wrong!

2 Likes

I’m physically unable to pronounce bandana correctly, can’t help making it rhyme with banana.

1 Like

There’s someone in my work who says re-surrect (like reselect but with r’s) instead of resurrect and it does my bloody tits in.

1 Like

oh congrats on becoming a necromancer

4 Likes

It’s always been in the works.

2 Likes

Mrs f gets annoyed when I pronounce specialty as speciality but I’ve just looked it up and they’re both fine so she can get in the bin.

Also omicron.

1 Like

I fucked up the pronunciation of “ennui” with one of my bourgeois intellectual friends and I’m still going through counseling for it…

2 Likes

The BBC seem to be saying Kiev in a different way suddenly!?

Are they now pronouncing it properly? KyivNotKiev - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I once went to see a band and shouted out their name before they appeared on stage, which I thought was pronounced Curl-you-pan-dee. Someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder to correct me. This was the band…

6 Likes

Wow what a voice!

Only recently discovered segue is pronounced like segway. Shocked and disgusted, tbh.

2 Likes

Just 3 different ways to say it I reckon: ah-mund, all-mind, al-mund. All valid.

I was definitely long into adulthood when I worked out they were the same word

1 Like

Curlupanddie, twinned with Pontypandy

2 Likes