Things you bring back from holiday

Do you like a souvenir?
Or just stuff you can’t get a home?
Got to get to those outlets?

I came very close to bringing home a lamp in the shape of a flamingo. I had to not do this because I was already bringing home 4 x pretty glass tupperwares and 2 x mugs plus a whole host of other shit.

Brought back anything ridiculous?

booze and badfeels

Leather camel
Fisherman’s pants
Fake shit
Fags
Sweets called nob, cock or fanny

Always try and bring something back as a nice reminder. Think I went through a few of them on my through the keyhole video. My new favourite is a wee sheep figurine I bought in the West Bank made by a Bedouin tribe.

Genuinely have a wooden flamingo I bought back from Cuba that we named Jorge.

sort of collect crap tourist mugs. only started a wee while ago though so don’t have that many (and won’t bother getting one if i hate the place)

Snow globes for work. We have 138 at the moment.

Fridge magnets

On my first trip to Amsterdam, for some reason i suddenly panicked that i hadnt bought my mum a souvenir. Was battered of course. Went to a shit tourist shop and bought some kind of hideous ceramic bread board with a windmill on it. When i took it over to hers the next day i realised it was the most obvious confirmation possible that id smoked a lot of weed, so threw it in a hedge.

Snow globes are dangerous!

But fast ones are fine? :thinking:

JOKES ON U

But seriously, why?

Big fan of tacky fridge magnets. And postcards stuck to the fridge with said tacky fridge magnets.

I usually try to visit flea markets and vintage shops too cos I :heart: clothes. I think my favourite find was a velvet pencil skirt from the flea market in Reykjavik. It cost 3000 krona (way more than I’d usually spend) but I loved it so much I didn’t care, and it has pockets!

They’re glass and full of liquid! High risk of smashage.

Oh, also, drunk supermarket trip on the last night for all the exciting, foreign sweeties and paprika crisps!

I am a massive fan of fridge magnets that are also little clips.

This little lot are fine

My favourite thing was a keyring from the Vatican that had the recently deceased John Paul II and the new Benedict XVI on either side and you could spin it round with a deft flick. For the rest of the year I replaced heads or tails with Polish goalkeeper/Hitler Youth.

I went to Amsterdam in January. I brought back a small round cheese. The security at the airport seemed convinced I must have bought a load of drugs, which was kind of a compliment really.

I always buy my mum the naffest fridge magnet I can find and she does the same. Except she actually got me a nice fridge magnet with horses on it from Greece