Things you bring back from holiday

This has reminded me of something my old housemate brought back from holiday when he went to stay with family - a bag of lentils and a jar of pickled octopus.

I was finding small clumps of octopus-infused vinegary lentils in the kitchen for MONTHS

1 Like

Has she organised them in alphabetical order or by location?

The past few years we’ve started getting fridge magnets. It’s just a small collection so far (Ireland, India and Cyprus), but it’s something that isn’t going to take up too much space.

Unlike @sarahispi we actually look for nice fridge magnets

certainly by location. I’ll have to check this evening if also alphabetical. Never occurred to me.

Football shirts

STDs

Nuts reader/record collection etc…

Duty free cigarettes

Holy fuck!

Increasingly, we bring back nice ceramics. Tiles and dishes and that sort of thing. We do love a bit of decorative fired clay in our house.

1 Like

Fuck all. Get enough of that tat from my gf’s retired parents, who are now on a mission to unironically bring us back the shittest tat they can find on each of the seventeen holidays a year they’re now going on.

Waistcoats for wine bottles, ffs.

6 Likes

I always love local food! Local snacks are always interesting. Otherwise I usually get those “I love (country name)” souvenirs…tshirts, keychains, fridge magnets…

If you are ever in southeast asia, you can check out Iprice Its an online shopping website that the locals use…

A very good choice.

I rarely bring anything back. The only downside to globalisation is there’s so little you can buy that is genuinely unique to a place so it often seems not worth it to me.

1 Like

Always come home from foreign climes with some cold or stomach bug; standard.

My colleagues always bring back a massive bag of small fruit-flavoured boiled sweets which are of variable quality

Anywhere in Europe: local Ritter Sport varieties

2 Likes

Qi klaxon

1 Like