Things you did to/called teachers to undermine their authority (lighthearted only)

mrbean.etc

2 Likes

also Nutbrown is a brilliant last name. Really rolls off the tongue.

1 Like

Like something from a Roald Dahl story

Mr Rozario was great. He was also the basketball coach, and we became the best basketball high school in the country (3 of the players on the team went on to have college careers in the states). Left in year 10 with probably the hottest teacher at school to go and live in Thailand. mad props.

1 Like

was thinking more Beatrix Potter

3 Likes

This is lovely!

3 Likes

Imagine Mr Moakes reading that back. Lovely, lovely stuff.

2 Likes

when a career in academic publishing comes calling, you gotta accept the charges.

1 Like

I’m starting my Schools Direct training in September and I’m starting to realise what I’ve let myself in for :grimacing:.

Moakes was just an amalgamation of Mike Oakes as we all used to just call him Mike and he’d feign annoyance with it :heart:

Classic Moakesy!

2 Likes

Oh man, just looked up an absolute school legend who was in the same year as my Granddad, taught my Dad, me and my little brother (and used the exact same pun on our surname on each of us) who died recently and it’s made me a bit sad:

No messing :weary:

1 Like

EDIT: I want to be Moakes

1 Like

Haha. Just looked up my teacher mate on there

‘Good teacher but needs to chill out’

‘Alright but very strict’

‘His name is the only thing I like about him’

:smiley:

Definitely showing him this next time I see him

2 Likes

This thread really shows how undervalued and unappreciated the teaching profession is. In no other job would calling people names and making them cry be a bit of a LOL. Disgusting behaviour.
Loads of parents on here too, hope you’re teaching your children not to be rude and disrespectful to others.

@anon82218317 don’t teach in England! Nightmare.

We got taught RE by the rev, he was also absent minded and possibly drunk. He showed us… actually can’t be bothered with that story.

Another French teacher was off on leave for ages, stress or something I imagine but the rumour was that he was in purdysburn (the local mental hospital) because he thought he was a chicken. Of course when he came back people would make chicken noises and go “bwooooooook-bwoooook”. Had him a French teacher a few years later and he was pretty decent really.

:angry: I’m grumpy today :angry:

Think the humour of this thread is more derived from what idiots kids are than the actual things the kids are/were doing tbf

1 Like

potato, potato

1 Like