Things you do a lot but are still really shit at

My handwriting is absolutely atrocious pal. I was relegated back down to pencil after being promoted to pen in primary school and it’s one of the things that I think had a disastrous impact on my sense of self worth as an adult.

12 Likes

Are you a lefty too? I would always smudge it across my hand and the page. Be happy to never pick up a pen in my life

1 Like

Writing songs

cooking

I should be a lot better at speaking Spanish for the amount of time I’ve tried learning.

2 Likes

Nah I’m Mr Righty

1 Like

just not Mr. Wrighty eh?

LOL!

1 Like

Yeah! GCSE, private tutor when I was in school, evening classes after that. Forgotten it all.

HAHAHA! You’re not wrong there, Bammers mate, you are not wrong there!

1 Like

Cerveza means Beer

2 Likes

I’ve just done duolingo really. Need to immerse myself more I guess

Estrella means Star

1 Like

I can say it because I too write like shit! :blush:

El Brexit means Brexit

1 Like

We only want to blow the bloody senors (men) off

2 Likes

That’s so nuts isn’t it. What did they think it was going to achieve!?

2 Likes

First time I went to Spain I was 17/18 and one of my pals was in their mid-20s. They tricked me into thinking beer was called El Beero in Spanish.

3 Likes

Dating/ relationships. Even when I think I’m getting good at it I’m not really, just finding new ways to miserably fall short

Would wholly recommend getting a language tutor if you’re hitting a wall with Duolingo. Just an hour or so of very basic conversation a week will really help.

This is the sort of institutional ableism that leads to people developing serious issues with self-confidence and skill acquisition throughout their lives. It’s absolutely disastrous policy that has had really, really negative consequences for a lot of people.

3 Likes