Things you do not allow your real or imaginary kids to do or have

Wondering after V had a strop after I wouldn’t buy him lucozade, what do you not allow your kids to have…if you don’t have kids then imagine.

Me:
Energy drinks, because…well…obvious really.
Chocolate advent calendars…I never had them and there’s no need for chocolate every day.
A tortoise. Just can’t commit to them commiting to care for it for 100 years or whatever.

6 Likes

fun

17 Likes

Wouldn’t let my kids have fizzy drinks in general really, maybe diet ones as a treat

2 Likes

there is at Christmas!

7 Likes

1st of December is not Christmas.

2 Likes

A state education

Any kids I end up having will be banned from listening to music that I like.

2 Likes

Toy guns

9 Likes

Christmas starts on the 1st September for me

My imaginary kids don’t eat meat and spend a lot of time with goats.

3 Likes

Toy guns
tv channels with adverts
More than the tiniest amount of chocolate in one go

I’d probably be permissive as all hell :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

iPads in restaurants.

7 Likes

Rangers kit

9 Likes

Oh yes, my kids didn’t have meat. Now they are old enough to decide R is still vegetarian and V only eats bacon.

We started with no guns, then they got Star Wars blasters, proton packs then lightsabers and now an armoury of Nerf. Guess it’s not the same as fake gun guns though.

1 Like

oh yeah this actually, they’ll be out on their ear if I see them in an England or Manchester Utd kit

5 Likes

even if they’re born in England
red line

We are those parents. Otherwise there’d be a restless child running wild everywhere.

In our defence, we also bring headphones.

5 Likes

On a white field

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve turned out like that.

Obviously I don’t let him drink red bull or booze or coffee, but I’m really permissive about sweets and stuff like that. He’ll eat pretty much anything and is learning a lot about moderation and self-regulation in a way that I certainly couldn’t handle as a child (or indeed an adult.)
Likewise screen time- we’ve never made it into a limited ‘treat’ and as a result he doesn’t go mad asking for it- he’d rather play on the floor with some slime or headbutt a bush in the garden.
Never thought I’d be like this but I’m a totally zen parent who believes in children having self determination from the earliest possible age.

18 Likes