Things you do not allow your real or imaginary kids to do or have

Are you sure you’re not raising a goat?

10 Likes

my spirit animal!

4 Likes

Yeah electronics at restaurants or family gatherings.

1 Like

I don’t really remember anything with my 3

Obv if they had asked for energy drink or whatever we would have said no, but they didn’t want them

Fizzy drinks, sweets etc were a treat rather than a constant. We never really had orange squash, they grew up drinking water which was a big difference compared to my childhood

As far as TV and movies go I was always fairly lax with them, they always seemed mature enough to understand context etc

I’ve had a very easy parenting ride with hindsight :smiley:

1 Like

Wait until he’s a bit older and gets seized by Minecraft. Ours was never that bothered about electronics and now he is desperate to either play Minecraft or watch videos about Minecraft.

I crumbled this week and have ordered him a youtuber’s merch. A fucking youtuber’s merch! (Unspeakable hoodie)

6 Likes

oh yeah - they didn’t get mobile phones until they started secondary school. We have had a few conflicts around my son being on his phone too much, but that’s died down now

Try to limit their time inside OASIS

3 Likes

Yep we don’t limit screens and whilst some days they’ll play for hours on others they’ll not go near a screen. Moderates in the end.

No screens ever at the table though.

I was thinking of the Swindon pool.complex until the picture loaded. Seemed reasonable

1 Like

Imaginary kids aren’t allowed anything unhealthy or any screens . Only wholesome fun.

Real child has whatever bribes us out of a storm, watches any screen to hand so I can snooze for another 40 minutes.

22 Likes

We try that sometimes, the problem is Jimbo is so hungry (or do I mean hangry) that the path of least resistance is actually just to get up and give him breakfast

1 Like

My friend, I keep a bowl and box of cereal next to the bed (she doesn’t like it with milk)

8 Likes

I’m under no illusions that I’m going through probably the easiest time, having a 3 year old who is old enough to understand stuff but not old enough to expect anything. I’m going to struggle with ther older age category big time, I know I am.

On the train to work yesterday a woman got on with her boys (maybe 10/11 and 14/15) and they sat at my table. The boys were plugged into headphones and glued to their screens. Totally ignored her attempts to speak to them and just grunted/ sneered at her, before going back to whatever game they were playing. She looked a bit hurt but ultimately resigned to the fact that they just weren’t interested in speaking to her at all. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from crying.

I’m well strict in restaurants. No screens, order for yourself, and on no circumstances stand on your seat.

You are my twinnymama- We keep these in the room-

LN_802050_BP_11

2 Likes

Interesting about fizzy drinks isn’t it? Felt like they were everywhere for kids in the 80s in primary school, yet now we are definitely not letting the kids near them. I mean it feels such a change

Energy or sugary drinks.
Guns/violent games/toys.
PlayStation on a school night.
Unsupervised screens

We let j have a cream soda. Only 30 calories (so much less bad than a fruit shoot or whatever) or so but…big mistake.

He won’t stop talking about it,

2 Likes

My current battle is Harry Potter. She’s obsessed but the first three films are the only PG ones. Keeps pleading for me to show her Harry Potter 4.

I’ve told her we have to read that book first and even then it’s too scary