Things you don't see in shopping centres any more

Yeah I read they weren’t even paid minimum wage

4 Likes

The sense of excitement. I remember being a kid and going to Brent Cross on a weekend feeling quite fancy. Now I simply yearn for death.

3 Likes

Wimpy

I can confirm the massage chair in Bromley, not that I’ve used it.

2 Likes

Literally saw someone enjoying a massage chair in the wee shopping centre down the hill, yesterday. Thought nothing of it until now. I’m now wondering if they had a fish tank too.

1 Like

When I was a kid I used to be like “Mum, can we go up town?” but now I’m like “I don’t want to go up town any more”

3 Likes

They are still very much in in Australian shopping centres and airports

I think the place I was when I saw a massage chair recently and thought “oh yeah, right. Massage chair” was “airport”

2 Likes

I walk through the RVP in Tunbridge Wells most days on my way to work and it’s so tragic :frowning: I remember how bustling it used to be.

They’ve recently overhauled the outdoor pavilion and put in loads of pop up food shops, which is such a cool idea and I’m looking forward to investigating it tomorrow!

1 Like

massage chairs literally everywhere. Can’t move for them in shopping centres.

I really liked Tunbridge Wells when I visited. It felt like it had had the Mary Portas touch.

1 Like

It’s lovely, but the RVP has been badly neglected - Fenwick is absolutely haemorrhaging money as a result and I can’t imagine it will last long into the next decade tbh - and the High Street is a bit of an eyesore since they knocked down the cinema and just didn’t build anything there. (The ramblers association kiboshed a plan that had wide approval because it cut off one tiny walkway. Fuck the ramblers. :angry: )

The Pantiles and Camden Road are still thriving though! And the Wetherspoons is still an opera house :heart_eyes: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah I think it must be the pantiles I’m thinking of. There was a lovely grocers shop there iirc.

1 Like

People

Gok Wan having someone he’s made over do a fashion show.

2 Likes

I thought we had a massage chair in our local outlet/shopping centre, but I was thinking of the thing where people get their eyebrows tidied up with bit of wire.

Are they prevalent anywhere else in the country?

1 Like

came here to post this

wrote a song about running one of those tanks.

It wasn’t very good.

The best thing about Tunbridge Wells is Fuggles Beer Cafe. They need to relocate it closer to the Pantiles though. Bit too much distance between the two.

Everywhere. Also very good. Its called threading and is done with thread.

Clever name