Things you have been slow to realise

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/20279934/1536180236/1080x360

Swansea, London and Blackburn in one day!

4 Likes

egg…plant?

I never realised until this morning why Americans call it eggplant.

16 Likes

i honestly had never seen this before and was just putting it together in my head!

10 Likes

Apparently they grow longer and darker until they become good to eat. I had no idea that they started off looking like eggs.

3 Likes

Holy piss! I never knew this!

Saw on FB earlier that apparently it is called metal because it is harder than rock - is this true?

1 Like

I could be wrong here, but I really don’t think this is true. Purple aubergines start off purple. What that is is a white aubergine, which starts and stays white (and which is the origin of the term eggplant).

1 Like

Don’t think so.

Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf: “Heavy metal thunder…”?

2 Likes

Spaghetti Westerns are so called because they were (mostly?) directed by Italians

5 Likes

A quick double-tap of the button that isn’t Home or Back on an Android phone does what Alt+Tab does on a Windows PC

6 Likes

What does the little sword mean?

I’m wondering if this is a relatively recent addition to Android? Cos i stumbled across it a couple of months back but it feels like the kind of thing that wouldn’t have managed to sit hidden in obscurity for so long if it had been there since forever.

This is definitely possible. I’m on xiaMI and it has been updated in the last two weeks so it might not be universal.

Either way, it’s a real good 'un innit? I find I’m using it loads.

And filmed in Italy.

2 Likes

Except for the ones filmed in Spain.

1 Like

And shot in Italy / Spain with mostly Italian actors (speaking Italian and dubbed into English later for the English language versions)

Edit: sorry pedantary 9 hours too slow