Things you have been slow to realise

Ah. You mean base layer under, rather than over bib shorts. I thought you meant just wearing a base layer rather than not.

Got you, now.

Pink used to be for a boy and blue for a girl.

Because - pink was a lighter (younger) version of red, which was considered a masculine colour, and blue for a girl was a reference to the Virgin Mary.

The work of a MAD MAN.

I have a twin anecdote.

I taught identical twins last year and when we were rehearsing for the summer play they swapped round for the whole session and no one noticed until they started laughing too much! Shabs!

We didn’t quite have the confidence to do it on the actual night though!

2 Likes

Just watched the Quincy Jones documentary, did not realise that Rashida Jones is his daughter. Even when I saw the blurb for it on Netflix I just thought she was randomly narrating it or something, ha.

It’s really good btw go watch it!

2 Likes

When people say, ‘roads are quiet as kids are off school’ I was confused for a while…as not many 12 year olds should be driving. My tiny brain didn’t connect the fact they would be away on holiday with, or not need taking to school by their parents.

:confused:

11 Likes

this guy

is this guy

11 Likes

I was delighted to find out he is/ was a Broadway singing star

In Box of Stars by Sparklehorse, I always thought he said “car tunage heap” but it’s blatantly “cartoonish heap” innit

1 Like

Have you heard him sing Somewhere Over The Rainbow? My god, it’s unreal

2 Likes

I bloody love that song. All less than a minute of it.

2 Likes

Kin ell

1 Like

The shape of Monster Munch crisps is supposed to be the monster itself, and not a claw or foot.

5 Likes

Stupidly didnt like this the first time I saw it and forgot where I heard the phrase, but have kept remembering and luaghing at the phrase ‘tiny ass pineapples’

thx eltham bbz xoxox

2 Likes

!!! Really?

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s a terrible pun tbf, can see why they changed it.

1 Like

No, it’s not true:

1 Like

Sorry everyone, feel like I’ve let you all down.

3 Likes

That Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith are brilliant writers.