Things you have been slow to realise

A bum keyboard wouldn’t be very practical, would it

1 Like

Named after the fella who invented it.

3 Likes

that the username @Jimouthargyle is a pun on football team ‘Plymouth Argyle’

fuuuuuuucking hell.

1 Like

Cos my name is Jim AND i support Plymouth Argyle!

That’s at least three Argyle fans on the board. This is taking niche indie loserdom too far, guys.

4 Likes
1 Like

There used to be another one too, on the old boards, tomsfromsparks.

Fuck.

The corporate networking company, Cisco… And their logo…

Are from San Francisco, where they were founded

17 Likes

I count 4 and a half. Me, you, @Jimouthargyle, @myyada and @incandenza is an honorary member.

1 Like

Best Canadian ever. You can keep Neil Young and Leonard Cohen etc, Carlo is miles ahead.

1 Like

There’ll be plenty more gloryhunters jumping on board now our rise to the top has begun!

top of the Jewson South West league

1 Like

Yes I used to enjoy a Double Decker in the days it had raisins despite usually not liking them. So it checks out since I was 10 in 1985

Fuck everything.

3 Likes

I think I just assumed it was cheap crap from the US until I discovered that. I mean I still think that, but it was the mid-90s when Babylon 5 was considered pretty amazing special effects so it didn’t seem at all odd that a kids’ series would look so crappy.

All this time I’ve been trying to think what “Jim Out Th’ Argyle” is all about. Wowsers.

As a massive B5 fan from it’s first episode I can assure you no one though the effects were amazing.
They were amazing that they were done on an Amiga but that’s it. :grin:

1 Like

Actually I was always a big fan of their space work over Star Trek’s ponderous seeming model work.

But I also meant the physical effects and stuff. I don’t recall any other TV show looking as good as B5 did really barring Star Trek but that often relied on fewer effects and more character stuff, unlike B5’s interior shots with the gardens and stuff.

1 Like

Didn’t have a chance to get to a single game last season. :frowning:

Probably for the best. I might try and get to the Salford game next Tuesday but I work Saturdays so I won’t be at many this year either.

Babylon 5 had a sense of scale no one has ever come close to until The Expanse and it’s no surprise that the writers are huge B5 fans.

1 Like

Because “easy does it”