Things you have been slow to realise

:grimacing:

Is that a thinly veiled reference to head lice ?

:laughing: is it??

I’m trying to say rolls royce to sound like roys rolls but its not quite getting there

2 Likes

Say it over and over and you’ll be saying ‘Rolls Roy’s’, won’t you?

It’s weak, granted.

This is like when @marckee claimed the title of the film Con-Air was a pun on air-con

:exploding_head:

Is that why the horse is called red rum?

2 Likes

So near so rolls

2 Likes

Erinsborough is an anagram of Neighbours.(sort of)

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

We were told this on the NEIGHBOURS TOUR in Melbourne and I’ve only just realised there’s too many Rs

1 Like

Not quite, but I remember reading something years ago where the writers said that that was how they came up with the name

I found out today why Neil Warnock is ‘affectionately’ known as Colin: his name is an anagram of Colin Wanker

4 Likes

Surely though

get a refund tbh

2 Likes

7 Likes

And David Ginola is an anagram of Vaginal Dildo

4 Likes

It appears in The Shining, the kid keeps hearing or sensing the phrase Red Rum, and eventually works out what it means.

I thought that the horse’s name came from the book, but apparently:

Red Rum was so named when his original owner took the last three letters from the names of his dam and sire - Mared and Quorum
Red Rum remains people's champion

Wayne Mark Rooney is an anagram of Anyway Reek Moron

1 Like

He’s not Armand Van Helsing

1 Like

Listening to All Killa No Filla and only just clocked that Gianni Versace was killed in America.

When this happened I think I just heard the name (which I recognised) and presumed he’d be Italian and living in Italy.

I mean even at the time this revealed a ‘thing I was slow to realise’ which is that ‘Versace’ was pronounced ‘versaatchi’ and so until his murder I hadn’t even realised that spoken name referred to that logo I saw all over the place. My mum’s friend had the same reaction so I’m not sure if maybe TV ads with perfumes and the like weren’t very common then so you didn’t hear and see the name?

(Or else I’m just displaying my NO FASHION credentials in the hope of plaudits from @anon5266188)

1 Like