Things you have been slow to realise

penny royalty

2 Likes

Huh?

Wait until you find out about The Pointer Sisters. Not only are they actually sisters but they are also gun dogs

22 Likes

Genuinely snorted in the office at this

1 Like

Awesomo-0

Also, just realised you can rescale images with the handy buttons that come up when you hover, I’ve been doing the maths on the dimensions manually like a fool

2 Likes

I knew the phrase ‘sweet fa’ was a euphemism for a swear word, but I thought it was something to do with the football association.

Turns out it’s about fanny Adams, an 8 year old who was brutally murdered in the 1860s.

Yep. I think it became a euphemism for Sweet Fuck All

2 Likes

No, it means sweet football association, you say it when Graham Kelly does something brilliant.

3 Likes

Had no idea Sean Hughes was dead.

Marc Bolan is called Bolan after BOb dyLAN.

This is apocryphal, I thought.

(He went by the name of Marc Bowland for a short while before contracting it to Bolan)

The bloke in @thesewoodenideas’s favourite gif is Robert Redford

5 Likes

Seems like there’s a few versions, including it being inspired by James Bolam :grinning:

Very slow to realise…

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/things-you-have-been-slow-to-realise/11132/441?u=marckee

Meight, that was 18 months and 2000 posts ago, you can’t expect me to have seen that.

I’m not going to lie marckee, I initially thought it might be Mark Hamill. How wrong was I!?!

1 Like

There was a tweet about Simpsons jokes it took you a long time to get and I mentioned the classic “Sneed’s Seed & Feed… formerly Chuck’s”. And some twat waded in saying it was was weak because “Suck & Fuck” isn’t a real kind of shop. What the hell man! Get fucked.

2 Likes

It was true, from a certain point of view…

9 Likes

Wait… Is married to the mob a pun on married to the job?

1 Like

That would be jarried to the mob.

1 Like

Wait, have you knocked this up just to mock me or is it actually a thing that people think that’s Mark Hamill?