Things you have been slow to realise

On this site, if you vote in a poll that you didn’t mean to vote in at all, you can actually retract your vote by changing from results view back to ‘show vote’ and then clicking the option you’ve voted for. I always thought it was only possible to change the vote that way, didn’t realise removing it was an option.

• I knew that
  • I did not know that
  • I’m clicking this option to test it

0 voters

1 Like

Think I must have un-voted quite a few times without realising, and now it makes a lot more sense…

Think this has only been added as an option in the last week or two.

3 Likes

Feel like this is a fairly recent change? Was sure previously you could only change votes, not remove them.

Yeah it is fairly recent, couple of months maybe

1 Like

Kill the Bill (Protest movement)
Kill Bill (Movie)

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

Literally walked past a Kill the Bill poster in a window yesterday after it being in the public consciousness for, what, 6 months now, and it finally clicked.

2 Likes

It was defo possible to unvote ages ago. Then seemingly went, so you couldn’t unvote (but I kinda wondered if it was a browser thing). And now it’s apparently back. :person_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Anthony Head’s irl accent is different to the Giles from Buffy accent we all know and love

3 Likes

That Grease is named after the subculture that the t-birds represent

4 Likes

In Quito there’s a version of The Last Supper painted with Jesus ready to tuck in to a guinea pig on his plate.

2 Likes

Apparently his IRL accent is closer to the one that Spike uses throughout and he taught James Masters how to do it.

Yeah when he’s Ripper he’s basically just using his normal accent I think.

1 Like

I think HUEL might be a portmanteau of “Human” and “Fuel”.

5 Likes

this should have occurred quicker because I cracked the “smint” code (“small” + “mint”) years ago.

7 Likes

Wait…:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Everything is a rich man’s trick

Four children plus a baby sister and their dog, are going out to hunt a bear.

The eldest of the children (called Stan in the TV adaptation) is sometimes mistaken by readers as being their father but is in fact the older brother.

Had always presumed it was a mum and dad and kids.

3 Likes

Woah, I was always confused whether or not the biggest girl was the mum or an older sister, had never even thought about the “dad”!

1 Like

Yes I too was like: the fuck did a mum that young have all these kids and that dad looks, way old. Maaan.

But then I remembered Michael Rose had 5 kids so I figured only one was a parent. Hadn’t clocked none were

1 Like

I seriously always thought he was a single dad.

In other news : I really miss reading books like to my (now too old) kids. :cry:

1 Like