Things you have been slow to realise

And Kaiser Wilhelm II! Thats why they’re all played by Tom Hollander in The King’s Man.

For a less insane version of the events that led to the Great War, there’s this:

2 Likes

Is that film good? I kinda liked the first Kingsmen film and then the second was kinda poo, so didn’t bother with the latest one.

I quite enjoyed it, it’s pretty brainless but Fiennes is very watchable.

1 Like

You need to toast a pitta bread to make a pitta pocket

Quality ones open but yes, toasting warms the air inside and puffs them more. Always enjoyed toasting them from frozen and watching them puff up under the grill.

2 Likes

You gotta pitta pocket or two?

16 Likes

In this life one thing counts
For my lunch, large amounts
All the salads and extra cheese

1 Like

@gentlegiant is no longer of this parish and as such the sleep experiment thread (and the Cadbury mystery bar thread) have gone. Was reading the Netflix thread when up unable to sleep and thought the forum was playing up but eventually saw a reply to a missing post and worked it out.

2 Likes

Naomi Watts is British

4 Likes

[checks Wikipedia] Well I’ll be…

1 Like

definitely thought she was australian for some reason

2 Likes

Jet Girl had an Australian accent :man_shrugging:

Same, apparently she did move there but when she was like 14

1 Like

Wow! Watts up with that?!

1 Like

seeing Ben Shepard and Dermot O’Leary in the same room on this morning at the moment has just made me realise they are not the same person. Seems absurd

1 Like

That Regent’s Park wasn’t formerly the manor residence of the Prince Regent and was just constructed in his name. I always figured the way the terraces were laid out and the fences and gates meant it had only been open to us proles in more recent times.

Also turns out that Regent’s Street was an early example of town planning, created around the same time to provide higher class shopping and the like, although seems like it wasn’t the best of designs for the shops as pretty much every building along there got knocked down and reconstructed a hundred or so years ago.

eems is backwards

1 Like

He sure is

10 Likes

In a similar vein, only realised Christian Bale was British today when I caught up on last week’s Kermode and Mayo podcast.

Had to check Wikipedia before I realised that there wasn’t also a British film producer by the same name.

Bale is Welsh-born as any Welsh media will insist on mentioning when referencing him (even though he’s on record as saying he’s English, he just happened to be born in Wales)

4 Likes