Things you have been slow to realise

Why Joe Root wears number 66

3 Likes

That @TheWza’s profile pic is of a urinal, which could be described as a “wizzer”

It’s one of my all time faves :heart:

1 Like

How very dare you!? That’s a Fountain you infernal peasant!

(Hadn’t made the wizzer connection, either. :open_mouth: )

3 Likes

I assumed you were du champ of wordplay

oh my what wit

2 Likes

Year of his birth, mate.

On the radio this morning they played Lykke Li and pronounced it ‘lik-eh le’ whereas I’ve always said ‘like lie’. Does this count?

at the weekend I realised that the film Trading Places has a double meaning in the title - in that the 2 main characters physically “trade places” but also the film is set in the world of financial “trading places”

My friend, quite rightly, thought I was a fucking idiot

14 Likes

Not Like-Ly

3 Likes

‘Licky Lee’

8 Likes

I watched mother! at the weekend. Only realised afterwards that the whole thing was a biblical allegory

1 Like

Lick ‘er? I barely even knew ‘er

2 Likes

Always thought it sounded a bit rude pronounced like that

Couldn’t disagree with this more!

If the support band is great then you’ve doubled the value of your ticket and potentially discovered a great new band to love!

If the support band is terrible then that can be enormous fun especially if you’re there with a like minded mate or two. Causally dissecting why a band is terrible in between songs is a brilliant conversation. Plus also it makes the main act that you’re actually there to see seem better in comparison.

Win win.

9 Likes

I saw a support band on Sunday, their first ever gig, three 16-year-olds who were more fun and enjoyable than the other two bands who I’d gone to see.

5 Likes

There’s a little mirror in the self service checkouts with a barcode laser in which you line the barcode up with

I’ll usually take a sheet of tin foil out of the packet

2 Likes

Tell you what I didn’t realise - how useful having worked on a supermarket checkout as a 16 year old would come into being after the advent of the self-service till. That knack never leaves you.

WIFE: scrambles around for ages This isn’t scanning this till is SHIT
ME: bip There you go

13 Likes

yeah i feel like my years wasted staring into the middle distance at midnight in asda radcliffe werent wasted when i waltz past the chumps swearing at the self service checkouts and scan the living shit out of my shopping

3 Likes

Yes I believe you almost certainly are.

I worked in Safeway myself. Which now means I have a safe way of self-service shopping.

5 Likes