Things you have been slow to realise

Liam comes from William

1 Like

Wo!

3 Likes

Fruits are vegetables.

1 Like

I was slow to realise how misguided your views on Sideways are.

1 Like

That you can put the brake on, on our fold-up pushchair, when it’s folded.

After seven months of strategically wedging it into a corner of the storage area at nursery to stop it rolling away and falling down when leaning against a wall.

Even though there was an almost identical one being stored in the same area, simply leaning against the wall, without the need to be strategically wedged into a corner.

Feel like I need to be strategically wedged into a corner whole I work out how I could be so oblivious.

4 Likes

Rookie error, Wizzy

1 Like

Fucking hell man, you have just improved my life no end. I’ll be trying this out as soon as i get home later.

Indeed. Its pissed me off so much as well.

1 Like

Just woke up at 6.30am on a Saturday morning and immediately realised that Colin Hunt from the fast show is so called because it sounds a little bit similar to a rude word. C. Hunt

3 Likes

Retro edition

At the weekend, I heard my 6 yo niece singing ‘Dip dip dip, my blue ship’ which was a song we used to sing at primary school. The verse ends with the words:
…Sails on the water, like a cup and saucer
O-U-T spells ‘out’

I remember regularly singing ‘oh you tea spells out’ until I had the seismic revelation that O-U-T really did spell ‘out’

1 Like

What?

4 Likes

Samuel Smith and John Smith are brothers

5 Likes

i’ve been driving past this little roofed structure on my way to work for 6 years, thinking it was a well. today, waiting in traffic, i actually looked at it and it’s very obviously not a well

(this is apparently a 70s rebuild of 15th c stocks and whipping post that were there that were vandalised)

whoa

2 Likes

WELL i never!!!111

3 Likes

2 Likes

In more brewing family connections, Black Sheep brewery was set up by Paul Theakston of the Theakstons brewing family as an allusion to him being an outcast from the family (though I think it was actually fairly amiable and the name is tongue in cheek).

5 Likes

And of course Evil Twin brewery was set up by the twin brother of the founder of Mikkeller.

1 Like

where does Jamie fit into this?

In the bondage dungeon iirc

the only interesting brewer thing i know is that while Magners is called Bulmers in its native Republic of Ireland and only called Magners everywhere else to avoid confusion with the English Bulmers (named after the same fella), Mr Bulmer is just an English fella that bought a big stake in the company allowing them to increase production whereas Mr Magner was the Irish fella that started the thing in the first place so they should really change the name in Ireland as well shouldn’t they? come on lads.

5 Likes