Things you have been slow to realise

that there’s a right way and wrong way to tie your shoelaces and if you do it the wrong way you end up with a sideways bow and your laces are more likely to undo.

i’m so dim

The fuck? I just gave the singles a listen as I was fairly sure I’d never heard a single song by Hootie and the Blowfish. Half-recognised I Only Wanna Be With You. 21 million though…

Looks like a US-only list?

No Queen, Meat Loaf…

once you go thetan, the ageing ain’t greetin’

or

your complexion is as good as xenu

Still, 21 million…

Abba

Gone back to Abab now.

Only realised this via a twitter comment yesterday. “This little piggy went to market” probably wasn’t sauntering on down to the local farmer’s market to pick up some chutney and organic aubergines. He was going to eventually be sold at the market.

So what does “This little piggy had roast beef” mean?

Stiffy

Spared the abattoir and was treated to a roast instead. To fatten them up for next week.

That ‘Lane’ is the name of the hurricane currently bothering Hawaii. I kept thinking ‘Hurricane Lane’ was just a reference to an area with a lot of hurricane activity going on.

Stipe Pletikosa didn’t get his first name because his parents were massive REM fans

that when people (usual American teens) talk about baloney sandwiches, its really spelt bologna

The inexpensive deli meat is often pronounced and spelled “ baloney

what a load of balogna

That half the country are of below average intelligence.

…and most people think they’re above average.

ftfy

Similarly - the average person has less than 2 arms.

(Obvs mean not median)