Things you have been slow to realise

if you read the Wikipedia page there’s a quote from Neil Young saying its issues were bang on and he accepted the shot, though…

1 Like

My partner is a twin and she gets it all the time. I stand by that it’s not that stupid a thing to think! I also just never really thought about it that much and assumed mixed-gender twins could be identical.

Thinking about it, I know a weird amount of twins. Housemate, gf, and three other good friends are all twins.

1 Like

GBOT

1 Like

Oh phew. I thought it was such a stupid thing to say but just never been around twins as much to think it through.

Does she find it annoying being a twin or does she like it?

I remember Super Mario Bros 3 as being much more colourful than the Switch version because we didn’t have it on the NES so I mostly played it on Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES.

What.

I only ever played it on Super Mario All stars. Is there a mad difference?

Ooo… interesting.

I fucking love Mario.

4 Likes

Broke it to a friend last night that Judy Garland was Liza Minnelli’s mum.

1 Like

Same really hoping Mario Maker comes to Switch soon.
Loved making Mario 3 levels on WiiU.

1 Like

What if it turns out that @incandenza is a twin, but he didn’t know?

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

3 Likes

My partner is a twin too, and both her parents are also twins (not with each other). Mad.

3 Likes

Ha, yeah she is a twin! Little known fact. Mainly because…

They really don’t get on. Nothing in common and he’s a bit racist and small-minded and wasn’t very nice to her when she was younger.

Twins have a higher chance of having twins, I think? I’d quite like to have them too.

I didn’t realise that the thing of repeating a word with “shm-” at the beginning (e.g, thing, shming) was originally a Jewish/Yiddish thing, I thought it was just small children being annoying.

1 Like

Having identical twins is not hereditary, but fraternal ones is (on the mother’s side)

I’m fully expecting us to have twins if she ever gets pregnant. Will be bitterly disappointed if it’s one of those useless solo babies.

1 Like

Interesting! It’s probably a bit of a misconception that twins are automatically close even as they get older.
I think if I had someone who looked the same as me, by the time I was a teenager, I’d wanna look different to them.
Who knows basically. Only twins. That’s who knows.

Yeah dunno. I’m not especially close with my sister. If we weren’t family I’m not even sure I would actually like her.

You’re a schmuck.