Things you have been slow to realise

Leanne Rhymes is Busta Rhymes neice

7 Likes

Peter Kaye is Vernon’s uncle

First the towel thing and now this. What a load of bollocks.

1 Like

This is a great fact. Thanks!

1 Like

That almond croissants have almond paste in and not just almonds sprinkled on the top :exploding_head:

1 Like

John Walker, the ‘Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine’ hitmaker from the Walker Brothers, is actually called John Maus, and he’s the father of John Maus, the ‘We Must Become The Pitiless Censors of Ourselves’ hitmaker.

7 Likes

If you accidentally vote in a Quantum Leap poll on here you can undo your vote by pressing the button again. I knew you could change your vote, but didn’t realise the same functionality would let you remove it entirely.

I haven’t tested this on non-Quantum Leap polls though.

Bob Einstein (Marty Funkhouser)'s brother is Albert Brooks, who changed his name as his real name is Albert Einstein

5 Likes

I did not know this either. This is also an excellent fact.

realised the other day that the phrase ‘waste not want not’ doesn’t mean ‘don’t waste something if you don’t want it’, which never quite made sense to me, but ‘if you don’t waste anything you’ll want for nothing’

2 Likes

And his brother, Dead.

1 Like

TBH I just assumed it was marzipan. But lots of them seem different so maybe where you bought them from mainly didn’t put the paste in?

Recall this being all over the music press when he arrived but as he dunk without trace leaving just that one song I guess it got lost to time.

Similarly there’s the claim that Finley Quaye is Tricky’s uncle but not 100% sure if that has ever been fully verified

Fucking hell Crvena Zvezda is Red Star Belgrade. Was wondering who the hell this team was and why I’d never heard of them before.

7 Likes

I had an uncle who once played…for Crvena zvezda

4 Likes

Doing that annoying thing of finding out how old people were when they made really good art and stuff.

Kate Bush when she released Hounds of Love - my age
Joanna Newsom releasing Ys - 3 years younger

tbc, unfortunately.

1 Like

McCartney was 7 years younger than me when the beatles split up :flushed:

2 Likes

Had similar the week after UK clocks changed where I sat waiting for my meeting to start for 5 minutes before I saw it was 8.30 am on my work laptop (which I leave on UK timezone).

It’s always puzzled me that in the UK there’s a German team that’s referred to as Bayern Munich.

Bayern is the German for what we call Bavaria.

Munich is the English version of München.

Why not use either both the English versions of the names or both German versions?

6 Likes

Westlich Bromwich Albion