Things you have been slow to realise

glad to be of service! :slight_smile:

Luke Skywalker wasn’t talking about applying to the Rebel Alliance academy.

You’ll be pleased to know Notes and Queries is here to give you the most impressive list of tiresome people who just want to get published but haven’t bothered to engage with the question

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-19335,00.html

Ha, yeah when @FKA_Adam_Jeffson came back I suddenly twigged it was ‘Formerly Known As’ and then realised that was presumably why FKA Twigs is called that

Oh wait, I actually read the article

Several sources have claimed that the “FKA” stands for “Formerly Known As”.[21][22][23] However, Twigs herself has said in multiple interviews that the letters do not stand for anything in particular.

Kind of linked, Genoa FC is the first club in Italy and was originally set up as an English team, as such it’s the only team in Italy which the English name is used even when spoken in Italian (the city is actually Genova).

Learned that from an Italian colleague yesterday.

Lotta Italian football heritage with English origins and connections. The AC Milan badge has the St George’s cross, Juventus has Notts County’s stripes.

Argument ensued at work over this a couple of weeks ago. afaik the Notts County thing is right though

Isn’t it:

Notts County - yes
Notts Forest - no

:+1:

Always

also some tubes of cream have a little plastic collar under the lid - remove the lid, then remove the collar. Then screw the lid all the way down et voila - seal broken

Do Italians say “AC Milano” then?

Courtney Act = Caught In The Act

:exploding_head:

How can anyone not know this?

Surely one of the most satisfying things in the world to do, too.

I thought that was just because it was also the general flag for Milan?

Edit: Wikipedia tells me Milan has been using the red cross/white background since the 10th century.

They say Meeelan.

I see. Always took it to it be a link to the founders.

A.C. Milan was founded as Milan Foot-Ball and Cricket Club in 1899 by English expatriates Alfred Edwards and Herbert Kilpin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/nottingham/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8291000/8291087.stm

Internazionale had a third kit a few years ago (maybe for their centenary or something) which was basically just a massive St. George’s cross