Things you have been slow to realise

Love this one :grinning:

Being honest, I usually just mash both buttons. what difference does it make?

Almost wrote a serious response to this. I’m going to do some work.

I just found out that Venus by Shocking Blue is a rip off of an earlier song… :frowning:

Chriiiiiiist!

Then again, that one’s a rip-off of Oh! Susanna. Which I only just found out this wasn’t a parody of, even though written down, somehow it fits the pacing of “I came from Alabama, with my banjo on my knee” 100%…

Long before the Superdome
Where the Saints of football play…
Lived a city that the damned call home
Hear their hellish rondelet…

New Orleans!
Home of pirates, drunks and whores
New Orleans!
Tacky overpriced souvenir stores

If you want to go to hell, you should take a trip
To the Sodom and Gomorrah of the Mississip’

New Orleans!
Stinking, rotten, vomiting, vile
New Orleans!
Putrid, brackish, maggotty, foul

New Orleans!
Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank
New Orleans!

(upon completion of Super Mario Odyssey)

Mario isn’t just some noble hero who wants to save Princess Peach from a lifetime of enforced marriage to evil Bowser, he wants to marry her himself! What a creep.

For fuck’s sake is nothing sacred.

Why Don’t You Get A Job by the Offspring is basically Ob La Di Ob La Da for pop punk tories

@Scott_Chegg = Scotch Egg

Wasn’t until my workmate was telling me about winding his boyfriend up with a Scott Chegg/Scotch Egg pun yesterday that I realised myself.

:joy:

You should post a link to the quietus article about that.

I even liked one of those previous posts and then forgot. I look forward to rediscovering this play on words again in a few months time…

This phrase (some) folks use when the weather is very hot:

It’s cracking the flags

Always thought it was an odd expression until I realised the other week that it isn’t actual flags :uk: :fr: :brazil: they’re on about… it’s flag stones innit

Pretty sure I’ve done one too. Maybe not in this thread.

Game of Thrones is an allegory for climate change. (Lannisters are Trump, Jon Snow is George Monbiot)

im not going looking for it but yes this is why i realised

OMG is that what it is? Ob La Di occasionally comes on a playlisty at work and I always find myself singing “nah nah why dont you get a job” to it, and just assumed that’s one of the lyrics at some point. :rofl:

i won’t pay, i won’t pay yeah, no way, nananana life goes on

omg :exploding_head: it all makes sense now

Theo’s been a bit slow to realise the entire point of this thread it seems.

‘Home Improvement’ is a play on words referring both to DIY and Tim ‘The Toolman’ Taylor’s attempts to ‘improve’ his ‘home’ life with his family.