Things you have been slow to realise

whynotboth.jpg

I didn’t realise that it is what it is.

Come on, I’m sure Hot Beef Trauma headlined a few student nights there back in their day?

I walked past it the other day, nearly took a photo for posterity

Was in London at New Year a couple of years ago and experienced this exact revelation. Insisted on dragging my gf in a for a swift half. Luckily this is a common enough occurrence that she didn’t question me too much about why I’d chosen this specific bar.

Isn’t it the pub Vice own?

Yep. The same people also have the Sebright Arms in Hackney, which decor-wise, they left untouched when they took it over, but they also threw out all of the interesting beers and replaced it with InBev.

The Sebright used to have some great beers on. And one time they held an ale festival that had so many good beers on I shall never forget it.

probably had this conversation loads on here before but the Sebright was my favourite pub in London for years - first place I got into craft beers properly around 2012 and also used to do Lucky Chip burgers which were banging. I moved offices to work basically over the road from it a couple of years ago and it coincided with Vice buying it and I’ve only been in once since, was heartbreaking.

OBL on the other hand has always been one of the worst pubs in London. hate having to go to gigs there.

Heard two or three examples recently of ‘Gender Reveal Parties’ and always assumed it was a kind of celebration, maybe a surprises one, of someone who underwent a sex change.

Turns out it’s really not.

Did you see that it was a gender reveal party that caused the Arizona wildfire?

That was one of the things that prompted me to look up what a gender reveal party was.

As I say, really not what I expected.

yeah, I did too. but I came to the conclusion myself that it probably wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone at the party as to what gender the person had transitioned into.

That @Flashinglight has a picture of a bear as her avatar and not a cat curled up on the back of a sofa…

Eighteen months it’s taken me to figure that out.

If it is any consolation I don’t think I have had the bear for quite that long.

Edit: had it since last November :+1:

Haha, thanks FL. Minor consolation for the reality that I am ageing and losing my faculties. Very kind of you nonetheless.

It isn’t the clearest picture. Here is the whole thing if you or anyone is at all interested:

Why is it that kids book bears are always so lovely? That’s a particularly nice bear, but they’re a great bunch of bears.

Total GBOB, though I think Britta Teckentrup’s bears (as above) arey favourites :bear: :heart_eyes:

Solitaire - solitary (because you play it on your own)