Things you have been slow to realise

i can’t stop looking at photos of john travolta now

argh

2 Likes

I never realised until just now that if I sneeze at just the right volume and frequency I can mute the TV. I had to grab the remote to unmute it. Wonder if I can change channels as well…

3 Likes

I’m sorry what?

6 Likes

Clive is pulling an absolute blinder of a wind-up here.

28 Likes

Never even considered that this phrase had any racist connotations until I read @Icarus-Smicarus’s post:

1 Like

Clooney probably, m8. Maiden name Alamuddin.

He was out or I would suspect he was playing a prank.

I sneezed. And the TV went mute. I picked up the remote control and pressed unmute and it came back on again.

To be honest, now I think about it, it was probably a weird coincidence. But, seriously, it was weird.

2 Likes

of all the superpowers to be granted!

7 Likes

I’m taking this as my superpower. It’s the only one I’ve got so I’m grateful for anything.

1 Like

I think possibly the US pronunciation of ‘homogeneous’ is homo-GENIE-us but in the UK it’s more ‘homodj-en-us’

Recall an actress on some chat show in the 90s talking about how many actors in Hollywood were bald but refused to acknowledge it to the point where she’d seen one actor she knew was bald having a bald pate thing attached on top of his wig by the makeup department.

Since then I’ve just generally assumed they’re all wearing wigs to be on the safe side.

3 Likes

Yeah - the number of fairly elderly actors and musicians with luxurious heads of hair Vs the general population do not stack up

2 Likes

not sure bottom right is a wig

Just got @SloameOcean 's username

7 Likes

And I just got yours!

1 Like

Probably my favourite song on The Soft Bulletin.

Only realised last night while watching the Favourite that four-poster beds have a use and that use is to have curtains that close around them for privacy and probably warmth.

1 Like

weird that people don’t use them anymore at least not in my circles. the concept’s timeless

Well, a circle isn’t a good shape in which to have a four-poster.

2 Likes

:cry: