Things you have been slow to realise

Pitch perfect, as your Mirriam Webstering shows, is a broader term about things being correct or well judged.

Homebase is also a pun.

1 Like

Also their charming friendships

No.

You mean no one has ever used “pitch perfect” expect to refer to a correct musical note?

this is definitely not true. I’ve heard it a lot for other meanings

Like, for example, from the dictionary page you screenshotted earlier?

1 Like

Maybe all their speeches were in A flat minor, idk

1 Like

I often think about this as it still absolutely baffles me how it could in any way be considered a pun.

10 Likes

That straitjacket is spelt that way not ‘straightjacket’. I mean now I write them both down I recognise the correct spelling but in my head I’ve never seen the word ‘strait’ there.

1 Like

How about its general racism and other problematic stuff?

Just realised when Michael Jackson says he’s starting with the man in the mirror he doesn’t mean starting a fight with.

7 Likes

I used to work with a guy from Swaziland and he told me that sometimes they’d go for a night out in South Africa and if they were late getting back the door would be locked and you couldn’t get back in the country until next morning. Never could tell when he was bullshtting or not

4 Likes

Yeah

Or in fact written for him by people desperately trying to get him to reflect and change*.

*I doubt that this was the motivation of the writers

1 Like

I did know the man in the mirror was himself though you blimmin idiot Geoff.

2 Likes

after watching F is for Fake last night I realised that this is based on Howard Hughes and isn’t just a made up bit of humour

1 Like

1 Like

Ah the Spruce Moose bit didn’t give it away then!

I’ll tell you that looking up the writers to this song caused me to learn Bad was Jackson’s seventh studio album and not, as I had previously thought, his third.

Should probably have cross posted this to @ma0sm’s musical version of this thread tbh