Things you have been slow to realise

Yeah I would have thought it started with Off the Wall.

Yup. I feel sure I was told that was his first solo. Maybe it was his first after leaving the Jackson 5.

1 Like

Have you never seen The Aviator? Decent film that.

Here’s a thing.

My mum loves jigsaws. Like huge 10000 piece ones. I was round there last week and she had three of the four corner bits missing, and the corner section she did have was duplicated. She contacted the makers to get it replaced and they said she would have to send the whole thing in, and they couldn’t replace the bits because - get this - jigsaws are, mostly, cut randomnly and they don’t have interchangeable pieces.

7 Likes

Woah! Whilst I have never considered this you’d have thought they’d have a template cutter for them. Well I’m blowed.

Is this right?

I thought that there were standard templates for jigsaws, hence why you can mix and match from different boxes:

2 Likes

Used fabric conditioner for the first time this week. Genuinely didn’t know it existed. I’d heard of softener, but for years i’d just been using them liquibubble things and wondered why my clothes always smelt like damp pastry. Absolutely sensational.

1 Like

Those are ace!

Think it varies. Saw on an episode of the highly sophisticated show Do You Know? (cbeebies) that small wooden ones cut entirely by the cutters digression using a jigsaw (the tool, obvs).

I imagine some manufacturers just have dies and cut them on presses though?

This jigsaw maker said so.

1 Like

I found this out on a work away day when each team had a task to complete a jigsaw made up of pieces they’d collected throughout the day from various stalls. They’d obviously separated the individual pieces and put all the top left pieces on one stall, all the top right pieces on another etc etc.

At the end of the day nobody could actually put the jigsaw together because none of the pieces were from the same original jigsaw, despite having the same content on each piece.

4 Likes

Don’t you see? It’s a metaphor for how in business even if you think you’ve got all the right pieces together they’ll still stubbornly refuse to do their jobs effectively.

3 Likes

The classic Disco ball and Jigsaw episode. Not nearly as popular as the fire engine or bin lorry episodes in our household. Maddie is certainly planting the seeds of a lot of knowledge though. I’m pretty sure that I didn’t know how magnets worked when I was Jimbo’s age.

1 Like

Good one for cryptic crosswords I always think

1 Like

The big plant in my office is dying because I haven’t been watering it.

I thought it was someone else’s job. In retrospect, I’m not sure whose job I thought it was.

Do plants drink tea

3 Likes

They do like tea leaves in their soil. Not sure about milk though…

m8

3 Likes

Things marckee has been slow to realise…

2 Likes

You might have almond milk or soy milk in there.

I wouldn’t expose an unassuming plant to the horrors of tea with soy or almond milk personally. Dat’s jus me tho