Things you have been slow to realise

Which is of course a reference to this, which famously features a cows eyeball being sliced with a razor hence the lines ‘got me a movie want you to know, slicing up eyeballs I want you to know’ etc

2 Likes

Of course!

When they did their Doolittle tour a few years back, they had a huge projection screen and showed the eye sequence just before they came out on stage.

I know they used imagery from the film on the album artwork and in the videos, but that was still a bit much.

1 Like

It’s kind of true. It’s mainly teaching the mathematical concepts behind the supply and demand curve drawing you do in a level. Also the models they use for macro are basically rubbish.

1 Like

Mono + poly = monopoly

1 Like

I thought the kids TV show Brum was named because its a noise that cars make. Turns out it was also set in Birmingham.

This just occurred to me while laying in bed at 10.30pm on a Sunday having not thought about the TV show Brum for approximately 20 years.

11 Likes

https://community.drownedinsound.com/uploads/short-url/7JNTdzj80EzhCuaEWKGeJ5hPEyQ.jpeg

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be BritExit?

10 Likes

BritExit means Brexit

4 Likes

Getting nostalgic for ‘Grexit’

5 Likes

Often think about when Brexit was coined from that and sounded a bit silly.

Didn’t realise until today that Summer Of 69 by Bryan Adams is not about the year 1969… it’s about the sexual position

Also didn’t realise there is a Musical Things You’ve Been Slow To Realise on the Music board

2 Likes

In the spirit of this thread:

That marckee’s brother is on our side about marckee’s Googling and is deliberately feeding him misinformation for a laugh:

I always thought it was from Brussels Exit, TBH. I think because all the leavers seemed obsessed with Brussels like men of Gondor talking about Mordor.

1 Like

I like the fact that Vallance disputes that saying it’s just about the year (and TBF the apostrophe in the title backs him up), meaning there’s a huge possibility that he and Adams were sitting there writing the song and Jim’s just writing it pure while Bryan’s stifling the giggles at the double-entendre only he is reading…

What

6 Likes

My copy of this record is called 69. It was reissued with the title as Class of '69 to be able to get played on the radio.

When I first heard it during the referendum run up the news always seemed to refer to Brussels as synonymous with the EU. I guess it was actually a clever pro-Leave framing, making the EU seem like nothing more than a foreign bureaucracy.

You might be overthinking this a bit. Isn’t it just bog standard shorthand used when reporting on foreign affairs? Like: “Beijing responded that Trump is a cunt and he can shove his tariffs up his hole.”