Things you have been slow to realise

I believe that this is correct

1 Like

Originally the bar contained raisins within the base layer; however, consumer research in the mid-1980s led to these being removed and the current formulation being introduced

However…

born 30 June 1983

so her memories of confectionery go back to the age of 2, do they? Bullshit. There’s something going on here and I don’t like it.

10 Likes

It doesn’t say she remembers eating the raisin versions, just that they debated whether or not they used to contain them. Maybe she just has an academic interest is the history of confectionary.

1 Like

Or had to eat out-of-date confectionery. Times were hard in Thatcher-era Newcastle

4 Likes

You’re right, it also doesn’t say which side of the debate she was on, maybe Mark Savage was the one arguing they contained raisins.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mark-savage-542a364

No date of birth, but

Education - University of Cambridge 1993-1996

Let’s say he was 18/19 when he matriculated, that means he was born around 1974/75, it’s feasible he’d have a memory of enjoying them as a 10 year old.

False alarm folks, it’s all above board.

Mind blown

Handicaps in golf actually affect the amountnof shots a player gets

1 Like

They definitely did

Took me a loooong time to realise that the phrase “mercury rising” wasn’t just an expression/name of an unexceptional Bruce Willis movie/something to do with star signs probably, it relates to the mercury in a thermometer.

2 Likes

Q8 petrol stations are Kuwaiti

3 Likes

Sean the sheep = sheep get shorn

4 Likes

Fuuuuuck

That Holyhead isn’t on Anglesey, but a separate island next to it (called Holy Island).

2 Likes

You realised this because you were watching Countryfile and those alpacas getting shorn

It was because I was telling my dog "you’re still beautiful, even though you look like a shorn sheep… omg… sean the sheep is SHORN the sheep :exploding_head: "

2 Likes

I always thought the song was High Ho Silver Lightning until about 30 seconds ago.

2 Likes

woah wait - are all the twitter idiots saying they ‘stan’ things in a ‘stan by eminem’ sense??

this may be an incorrect things i have been slow to realise.

Yeah, being a “Stan” meant being an obsessive fan, then it became a verb.

2 Likes

Is that what it is?!? I just wrote it off as some young people thing I didn’t understand!

1 Like

Me too, why the hell are young people using pop culture references so dated even I didn’t recognise it??

1 Like