Things you have to look forward to

I’ve been pretty down in the dumps for the last few weeks, I think mainly as I’ve just been working and not doing anything of note with my spare time.

I’ve booked two weeks annual leave during September, which consists of two short breaks. Swanage in Dorset for 5 days, including visiting Monkey World, the Tank Museum, the Swanage railway, Corfe Castle and other bits.
Three days in York, including visting the Railway Museum.
Perhaps squeezing in the London DiS meet in the middle.

Also the football season is starting up again, I’m not that enamoured by going to see Crystal Palace, but i’m going to try and get to a lot more non-league games this year.

A few gigs later in the year with the nephew too.

What do you have coming up?

6 Likes

Got a wedding next weekend where tons of my ATDs will be there - some I haven’t seen since I moved away a year ago so really looking forward to that.

Going to meat the lovely @rich-t on Tuesday and stuff my face with pizza.

Think I’m going to go to Costa Rica in December when the weather gets crap.

Always look forward to seeing my nephews but sometimes the reality ain’t all that :roll_eyes:

Generally I just look forward to 5pm on a Friday at the moment

5 Likes

Sounds great, I know what you mean about just looking forward to 5 on a Friday. But the last two weeks I’ve felt pretty ill and shattered on a Saturday, laid in and totally wasted my day.

Not this weekend.

I had the best fish and chips of my life on the seafront in Swanage - so do that while you’re there

2 Likes

I’m already planning that and looking forward to updating the DiS fish and chips thread.

3 Likes

An ATD is coming up next week for a couple of days, plan is to climb Ingleborough one day and visit the Yorkshire Sculpture Park the next, which I’ve been meaning to visit for years so that’ll be good. Other than that, very little, not done much to find employment which unfortunately will need rectifying at some stage.

Got Cult of Luna, Damnation Fest, Der Weg Einer Freiheit and The Chemical Bros coming up back end of the year which all should be good providing I actually go to them!

2 Likes

FOOTBALL IS BACK AT FUCKING LAST

(Also one of my dearest friends’ wedding next weekend but mainly football)

5 Likes

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

BLACKBERRY PICKING TOMORROW

FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY IN SEPTEMBER

PLAYING ON THE SAME FESTIVAL BILL AS PUSSY RIOT IN SEPTEMBER ALSO

3 Likes
  • Walking out of this job for good in ~4hrs
  • pizza and LOTR tonight
  • being off for the next week and getting some writing and recording done
  • some upcoming band stuff, live session and a video shoot

:+1:

8 Likes

The sweet release of death.

9 Likes

Got a load of nerd cards on the way, so hopefully on Sunday I’ll have a big pot of cold brew on the go and meticulously sort them and put them away in the correct order. Might even put on some music. Can’t wait.

I’m actually looking forward to using my new cards at penoid events, as I haven’t been going to any recently because I was only just keeping on top of my anxiety generally and I couldn’t face them. My brain pills have sorted me out now and I’m looking forward to getting back OAN IT

3 Likes

I hope things pick up for you.

2 Likes

Literally nothing until the collision of the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies in 4 billion years’ time.

PSYCH!

My BFFs birthday bbq tomorrow
Meeting one of my all time fave DiSers for the 2nd time on Sunday and giving him a massive hug
Cheddar Camping Weekend! A 30th birthday present from a couple of us to one of my ATDs
Ariana Grange gig+ and a day in London on my own after to do my own thing
READING FESTIVAL
Summer holiday with @avery in September just need to book it
Self Esteem gig
Transylvania with mates in October

That’s about it for the moment.

Ps. Really hope you feel a lot better soon! I’ve been down in the dumps lately too and it’s rubbish but I’ve decided to make a concerted effort all round to improve certain situations (work) and just generally trying to perk up. We can do it! :muscle::partying_face:

3 Likes

Going on holiday to Portugal tomorrow including a music festival and I am very much looking forward to it!

New Pokemon, Shenmue and Zelda games

Wheel of Time TV series

My sister’s wedding in Germany next year and the follow up ceremony with her husband-to-be’s family in India :smiley:

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS

• 5pm today
  • Stag do in a few weeks
  • Wedding (but mainly my DJ set at the wedding)
  • Cuddling the dog in about 30 seconds time
1 Like
  • 3 more days to get through, then off for a week
  • During that week, I am; meeting @laelfy for table pizza and going on my honeymoon to Green Man with some ATDs.
  • Potentially meeting @hankscorpio for Southampton beers in a few weeks.

That’s about it tbf. Nothing too much going on socially atm

3 Likes

DJ Numbers!!

Airhorn blast

Deck 1: Tunes
Deck 2: Donks